WW XXXIV - Wolf Island - ISLANDERS WIN

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby Casimir » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 pm

2 newcomers awesome. Anyone who has never played before, this is going to be a fun ride. We will need to get jimmy and -1 baby on slack. Who can grant access?
Casimir

Postby Delphic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm

I'd like to play if you're still accepting folks
enigma
Delphic

Postby Pashmina » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 am

ill play
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby can't » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:39 am

when grouchy and I were RAF we chatted lots, as is common with those who know they are aligned. Chatting rules, but bear in mind you'll also maybe end up chatting with people who are trying to figure you out and you have to lie to them or otherwise manipulate them into thinking you are cool. It can really stress you out. The best way to avoid this is to just be chill and vague. I am not very good at this, but hell, I'll give it another go.
can't
ride.

Postby Casimir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:09 am

Nice, let's see if we can get two more today for the full game.

As we have a few new players I've been told it's easier to get access to the WW slack aka no stakeout club so we will use that one for this game.
Casimir

Postby bigcat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah
bigcat

Postby -1 baby... :( » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:50 am

can't wrote:when grouchy and I were RAF we chatted lots, as is common with those who know they are aligned. Chatting rules, but bear in mind you'll also maybe end up chatting with people who are trying to figure you out and you have to lie to them or otherwise manipulate them into thinking you are cool. It can really stress you out. The best way to avoid this is to just be chill and vague. I am not very good at this, but hell, I'll give it another go.

Questions:

How do you know you're aligned with somebody?

Wolves are only mentioned once in the rules and once in the thread title. Are wolves actually a big part of the game? Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's a little confusing.

If the Mason Rule is standard, what makes this game different?

Are you allowed to ask questions while the game is going? The wikipedia VHB linked to is helpful but this game seems to have a lot of variations.
Last edited by -1 baby... :( on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check please!!
-1 baby... :(

Postby Casimir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 am

Here the journalists are aligned together against the islanders.

in this game most of the journalists know they are aligned except for the editor in chief. The islanders are aligned against all journalists but mainly don't know who other islanders are. The exception to this rule is the fishermen and the artisans who each know their counterpart. These characters have a slight advantage in that they have some grounding wrt who they can trust.
Casimir

Postby VHB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Oh hey it turns out I actually got made an admin/owner of the hpnww slack some time ago without me noticing. :gapearth:

This probably means I can add people myself. If I figure out how. -1 Baby I can add you to it myself, I think I just need your email. You can email me at VHBwolf [at] gmail [dot] com, the semi-burner account I use for all hipinion related activities these days.

Anyone else who isn't on the other slack feel free to do the same.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby Jarl Skeletal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm in
greasefire wrote::

pablito wrote:im never dtf and always keep it covered
Jarl Skeletal

Postby Casimir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Awesome. We can add a few extra players if anyone else joins but otherwise I'll likely send out roles tomorrow night. Depending on how early we can potentially do n1 tomorrow.
Casimir

Postby Casimir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Jimmy firecracker and Delphic roles are going to go out on slack. Please PM laserblast or VHB An email where they can send an invite.
Casimir

Postby VHB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Board PMs are still down unfortunately (illustrating why we send out game info via slack).

Email me at the burner account posted earlier and I'll set you up
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:30 pm

I think I have invited Delphic

[Wendy hooked me up with your email account from board registration, so as long as that's up to date it should be cool, lemme know if otherwise]

VHB
VHS

Postby Casimir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 pm

ALL ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT ON SLACK. WE WILL HAVE A LONG NIGHT WHILE I FINALIZE THE RULES. NIGHT 1 ENDS TOMORROW AT 9PM.
Casimir

Postby -1 baby... :( » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 am

Am I supposed to be roleplaying?
Check please!!

Postby Casimir » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 am

Delphic - you were sent a slack invite to the email you registered to the board with. When you receive your role please let us know. If you don't think you can play just let us know and we can find a replacement.

-1 baby - yes, you should role play as if you were on an island.

*note that role play activates the lore items mentioned in the post. This is effective immediately and if triggered the items could be used for n1. Please have night actions in by tonight at 7 PM EST.*
Casimir

Postby VHB » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 am

Von Ho Balanced drinks a mai tai and plays a little tune on his slack-key guitar

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 am

-1 baby... :( wrote:Am I supposed to be roleplaying?

you don't have to but it can make things more fun, generally.

(and in this particular game it sounds like Casimir has put in a couple extra mechanics to encourage it/make it beneficial)

VHB
VHS

Postby Jarl Skeletal » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am

Well well well,what do we have here
greasefire wrote::

pablito wrote:im never dtf and always keep it covered
Jarl Skeletal

Postby -1 baby... :( » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am

Santa Baby lives on the beach in a bungalow on wheels. Some might call it a trailer, but not Santa Baby. He calls her Old Yeller because of the sound she makes when the engine turns over. He parks her wherever the wind takes them, which averages out to a few meters west per day. The emergency brake is broken. He should get it fixed before Old Yeller hits the boardwalk. All in due time.

The only thing he loves more than Old Yeller is surfing. He surfs in the morning, he surfs in the evening, he surfs at suppertime, he surfs on a Beagle. He surfs anytime, except during the afternoons when he has shifts at Beagle's Surfboard Hut. He's a manager there.

Santa Baby is sleeping when the ferry arrives. He hears the commotion and ventures out to investigate. It's a terrible sight. Journalists everywhere. He hates them. He hates all of them. The reaction is visceral. Years prior, a journalist on a scooter ran over his childhood pet, a majestic swan named Leda. The memory of burying her is all too fresh in his mind.

Santa Baby grabs his longboard and surfs his emotions away.
Check please!!

Postby -1 baby... :( » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:39 am

Is the slack used for roleplaying?
Check please!!

Postby kit fox » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am

hey everyone it's me, your favorite man who wears a hat
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Ankh » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:56 am

hi honeys, come snuggle in my apron
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby -1 baby... :( » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:44 am

Bonfire Sale! Come to Beagle's Surfboard Hut for half price surfboards, boogie boards, decked out sailboats, fanny packs, volleyballs, bathing suits and trunks! Here you'll find the best prices for watersports and swimming accessories! But there's more! 15% off fishing poles, line, nets, overripe bait and hooks! What's that on the horizon? Savings! So get your butt off that wharf, peace out on the pier, skedaddle over from the harbor and dive in at Beagle's Surfboard Hut today! Catch some waves!

I get commission if you mention my name at checkout.
Check please!!

Postby Pashmina » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 pm

strolls into the dining room

Jizzads! What is this nonsense? Find me a fine Bloody Mary before I right have a conniption and kill myself.
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:20 pm

SERVICE!
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Sometimes I do reckon whether I should be living on an island with such confounded idiots, but alas, tis the ebb and flow of the tides of life.

But if these damn'd beach bimbos don't serve me soon, by God.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby -1 baby... :( » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Sorry to keep breaking character but what should we be doing right now?
Check please!!

Postby Ankh » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:39 pm

sweetie you should be giving me a hug right now!
Ankh
senior fellow

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games