Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Cringey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm

gentleman wrote:le serpent is open on mondays...location works...about 1-2 years old. ive never been but heard good things and the owners own some great montreal places like club chasse et peche if i recall.

Thanks for that. Looked at the menu and it does look good. I will float that to them and hopefully it is doable. Actually, I just mapped out where their office is and it is close to the Bell Center. The only place I have been to around there and was good was Ferreira Café though it looks like there are quite a few places around there.
Cringey

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:10 pm

I was going to say that downtown business folks tend to flock to Baton Rouge, which is across the street from the Bell Centre.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Cringey » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:I was going to say that downtown business folks tend to flock to Baton Rouge, which is across the street from the Bell Centre.

Exactly, which is why I want to pick the spot.
Cringey

Postby tricksforchips » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:23 am

L'Academie on Crescent is nice and kind of tucked away in all of the Crescent madness. It's BYOW too.
tricksforchips

Postby spix et chicho » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:26 am

Cringey wrote:Hey all,

I need to have business dinner with some folks in the Downtown Core and on a Monday which I know is usually a day of the week a lot of places are closed.

I am pretty familiar with the Old Port + some of the places outside (i.e. Griffin Town to Little Burgundy) but the customers asked to meet specifically downtown which is close to their office and easier for them to get home from a mass transit perspective.

Any ideas?

Dominion Square Tavern?
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby joebagel » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:31 pm

hello montreal boarders: what are some good places for doing late night work? i feel like laika and kafein are my two reliable go-tos for beer + wifi but wouldn't mind another place to split things up.
joebagel

Postby pokethedoke » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:18 pm

clockout wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:Rue Notre Dame bordering Griffintown/St. Henri.
Very close to Joe Beef and all that yuppie noise.

edit: Oh you're probably asking the name of the restaurant. The Liverpool House.

I thought so! I ate some oysters there.

How is this place?
pokethedoke

Postby hoopdog » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Bump

Coming up here for my friend's bachelor party today til Tuesday. Any shows or clubs with checking out? Think he's looking for something on the house/techno side of things but whatever is fun. A lot of the places I went to in college seem to have closed and I'm not sure what's around anymore
hoopdog
ride.

Postby joe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:25 pm

my gf is in town for a conference, folks at the event don't seem to want to go out, and is unaccustomed to exploring a city alone at night. any spots/events she should be checking out for weekday night excursions?
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby gentleman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:33 pm

joe wrote:my gf is in town for a conference, folks at the event don't seem to want to go out, and is unaccustomed to exploring a city alone at night. any spots/events she should be checking out for weekday night excursions?

id tell her to take a cab to vin papillon and eat at the bar. buvette chez simone also has a nice big bar for drinking decent wine and their food isnt bad at all.

i think vin papillon/joe beef people opened mon lapin which is in little italy if she doesnt want to go to little burgundy.

garde manger at the bar is nice despite the tourists. probably le bremner is even better. very fun town for solo dining at the bar.
gentleman

Postby Kevin McCallister » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm

joe wrote:my gf is in town for a conference, folks at the event don't seem to want to go out, and is unaccustomed to exploring a city alone at night. any spots/events she should be checking out for weekday night excursions?

I don't see any shows this week. If she's in the Mile End I'd recommend Sparrow. If she's downtown then maybe Dominion Square Tavern (which is pricey.)
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby joe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 pm

thx yall. i'll pass those reqs along
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby Casimir » Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 am

Going to be in town for the weekend and was hoping to catch the champions leage final. Staying in le plateau/mont royal. Any tips for good soccer bars in the area/good bars in general? Any good routes to look up for a solid bike ride?

Made a reservation at joe beef as well, excited to hang out in your city for a few days.
Casimir

Postby Jeremy » Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 am

joebagel wrote:hello montreal boarders: what are some good places for doing late night work? i feel like laika and kafein are my two reliable go-tos for beer + wifi but wouldn't mind another place to split things up.

I'd actually like to know as well, in particular anything 24-hours.
Jeremy

Postby ripersnifle » Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 am

Jeremy wrote:
joebagel wrote:hello montreal boarders: what are some good places for doing late night work? i feel like laika and kafein are my two reliable go-tos for beer + wifi but wouldn't mind another place to split things up.

Milton B (a hastily reno'd 2nd Cup lol) on parc/milton is like the only 24 hr coffeeshop ive been able to find in mtl (!)
it's also swarming with mcgill kids and a bit too expensive for what you get but yea ... 24 hrs!
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 am

Jeremy wrote:

They opened an A&W by the Forum that's 24 hours if you're craving a Teen Burger.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am

Casimir wrote:Going to be in town for the weekend and was hoping to catch the champions leage final. Staying in le plateau/mont royal. Any tips for good soccer bars in the area/good bars in general? Any good routes to look up for a solid bike ride?

Made a reservation at joe beef as well, excited to hang out in your city for a few days.

There's a place called Frappé in the plateau that plays a lot of soccer. Though I don't know if it would take priority over the NHL or NBA playoffs.

It's next to a pinball bar named North Star that's worth peeping too.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Jeremy » Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

They opened an A&W by the Forum that's 24 hours if you're craving a Teen Burger.

The idea of spending my Fridays in the only place in town that's more of a bummer than my actual apartment does appeal to a part of me (that part being 100%).
Jeremy

Postby tricksforchips » Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 am

Casimir wrote:Going to be in town for the weekend and was hoping to catch the champions leage final. Staying in le plateau/mont royal. Any tips for good soccer bars in the area/good bars in general? Any good routes to look up for a solid bike ride?

People love watching at Cafe Olympico.
tricksforchips

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

tricksforchips wrote:

People love watching at Cafe Olympico.

Okay thank you, I was going to post that but then I realized that I don't know if that's actually true or just something I've always assumed.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Casimir » Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Awesome, thanks for the recs. My friend im with loves pinball so north star will also be great.
Casimir

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am

I'm leaving for Montreal for 4 days in 2 hours and haven't done any pre-planning. What is the 'big obvious shit' to see? I'm staying in Plateau

the only thing i know about the city is mt. royal and habitat 67
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby ripersnifle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

a few ideas:
- Notre Dame Basilica is an obvious thing. it has these light shows that happen inside it at night: https://www.aurabasiliquemontreal.com/en/. can't attest to the quality as i haven't attended but it could be a cool way to see the church maybe.
- there's an installment of this https://m.facebook.com/pg/oklaverdun/events/ taking place on Saturday night. i guess it's at like a parking lot in Verdun(?). i really like KLC - wish i could go!
- biking/walking around the Lachine Canal area is a really nice way to spend an afternoon. there's a bike rental place right on the canal at where Atwater meets the canal i think. or, you could use Bixis to ride around if you prefer.
- Musee des Beaux Arts has a pretty good Picasso exhibit on right now about African sources of inspiration for cubism, etc. querying notions of primitivism, exoticism, etc. wish i would have had more time at that when i went. (https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/exhibitions/on-view/picasso/)
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am

i can't recommend any places for Real Dining in Montreal bc i mostly ate at some combination of Boustan, the A&W self serve order kiosk, or Chez Claudette lol
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:20 am

(that's actually lying - I took a few recs from this very thread actually and did really enjoy Darbar and The Bremner!)
ripersnifle

Postby powderfinger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am

A good afternoon of eating would be to walk around Little Italy and Marché Jean-Talon snacking on pastries and coffee and whatever and then heading down Rue Jean-Talon Oeust to the murder's row of awesome BYOB Indian restaurants. Punjab Palace was my favorite.
powderfinger

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm

ripersnifle wrote:(that's actually lying - I took a few recs from this very thread actually and did really enjoy Darbar)

still the best indian food i know of anywhere.
wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm

looks like they renamed les deux singes de montarvie île flottant.
wintergreen

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 pm

ripersnifle wrote:https://m.facebook.com/pg/oklaverdun/events/ taking place on Saturday night. i guess it's at like a parking lot in Verdun(?). i really like KLC - wish i could go!

I'm looking forward to this. More specifically it's on the roof of a parking garage, it gets quite pretty during sunset. In the event of rain they move it a floor below.
Kevin McCallister

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Any rad record stores nearby?

Currently stuck in traffic from the airport and the radio is playing smash mouth. Not enjoying Quebec yet.
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.