Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Fullscreen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 pm

deschutes twilight summer ale is a crusher.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart
Fullscreen

Postby gazedo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:42 pm

epistrophy wrote:
gazedo wrote:how the firestone mixed 12 packs are not easy jack, pivo, luponic, and lager is beyond me. who wants a DBA or Union Jack in 2018?

I 100% love a DBA any time of year. Maybe not a whole six pack on a hot summer's day, but once it's cool out in the evening give me some malty, nutty, slightly hoppy goodness any day.

ok, well make the mixed 12ers seasonal then and give me DBA in the winter. Cause its 101 degrees here in LA and I have no desire for a DBA. especially the nitro DBA they are including in the packs.
gazedo

Postby bachwards » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Not blind but some friends and I did Hill Mary vs Suarez Palatine last week. I think they were both canned within a week of each other.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that Mary seemed considerably hoppier (weirdly enough, almost danker) when placed alongside Palatine in a way I never really noticed at all on other occasions I've had it. For that reason I kind of leaned towards Palatine strictly on flavor, but the thing Mary did have going for it was the better and fuller mouthfeel.
bachwards

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:23 pm

For fans of HPB’s west coast IPAs, Radio Hill hit the spot along with their fish sandwich for me today. I’d recommend drinking it on tap as fresh as possible, it smells fucking fantastic right now.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby warmjets » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:10 am

bachwards wrote:Not blind but some friends and I did Hill Mary vs Suarez Palatine last week. I think they were both canned within a week of each other.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that Mary seemed considerably hoppier (weirdly enough, almost danker) when placed alongside Palatine in a way I never really noticed at all on other occasions I've had it. For that reason I kind of leaned towards Palatine strictly on flavor, but the thing Mary did have going for it was the better and fuller mouthfeel.

Palatine rips
warmjets

Postby gazedo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:30 am

jalapeño ranch wrote:For fans of HPB’s west coast IPAs, Radio Hill hit the spot along with their fish sandwich for me today. I’d recommend drinking it on tap as fresh as possible, it smells fucking fantastic right now.

1UP killed it for me the other day
gazedo

Postby gazedo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Killed a keg of chuckanut pils on the first night of this weekend long wedding. Best wedding beer ever.
gazedo

Postby Fullscreen » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm

having a dry hopped 'session lager' from Stillwater and it's ok I guess but for fuck's sake does a lager really need to get any more sessionable than a pilsner already is?

not saying every craft lager has to be a classic pils but pils is by definition somewhere in the 4.5-5.5% abv range and you're not making this $10 four pack any more crushable by slimming it down to 4.2%. I was doing just fine slamming bohemia all these years at 4.7%.

the session modifier is a bullshit idea imo.
Fullscreen

Postby warmjets » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:49 pm

stillwater sucks
warmjets

Postby Fullscreen » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:54 pm

the sake saison is good.

also 4.2 though. put a little booze in your beer fellas, it's ok.
Fullscreen

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

anyone else doing the lager tasting?
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Fullscreen wrote:the sake saison is good.

also 4.2 though. put a little booze in your beer fellas, it's ok.

I want as many <5% crushers as I can get
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby brent » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 pm

i like quite a bit of stillwater beers tbh

insetto especially
brent

Postby gazedo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:25 am

Wow, the garden path dry table mead is the best new thing I have tried in ages.
gazedo

Postby powderfinger » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am

I'll buy any Stillwater saison but every other style they do is a miss for me.
powderfinger

Postby bachwards » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Excited to grab my first 6-pack of Weihenstephaner Festbier for the year. I've been anticipating the Sierra collab too, but it sounds like it's closer to a Märzen this year so I may just wait until it gets a bit cooler to try it.
bachwards

Postby shankly » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 pm

The Sierra Oktoberfest collabs always end up being a little sweet for my tastes, but they're still solid beers and great for the price. I do wish they'd actually drop during fall though.
shankly

Postby tonybricker » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:46 pm

powderfinger wrote:I'll buy any Stillwater saison but every other style they do is a miss for me.

On Fleek is one of the best non-ba stouts I have had, especially at like $2 per can
tonybricker

Postby gazedo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm

i am super burnt out on hoppy things and totally over hazy ipas. headed to boston tomorrow and can't say I am very excited to drink much there. the only thing i really want to do is make it out to suarez and just drink all the pilsner.
gazedo

Postby noiseandpop » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm

I remember being jealous of all the juicy, hazy ipa's people were drinking in this thread a few years back. but now even the UK scene seems swamped by hazy ipa's. don't get me wrong I enjoy a lot of them, but I'm definitely burnt out on them and have been for a while...
~~cry urself 2 ash~~
noiseandpop
piss reeking meth goblin

Postby brent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:02 pm

i'm not burnt out on them (they don't exist here and i can only have them on vacation)
brent

Postby brent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:02 pm

that said, the past few weeks i have been drinking the hell out of crooked stave cans...vielle, rose, von pilsner
brent

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:12 pm

I drink enough different styles regularly that I’m still not burnt out on hazies. There have been a lot of really mediocre ones showing up lately though.

I’ve been on a saison kick again lately.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby Render » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Seems like a lot of breweries are trying to do the style with some mixed results. If they get them right they're hard to beat though.

I was in Milwaukee this past weekend and stopped at City Lights before a Brewers game. Their "hazy IPA" was neither hazy nor juicy. I did have one from Blue Blood (Justifiable Hopicide), brent, that wasn't too bad though. I didn't realize until after the fact that it was that brewery that was started by cops.
Render

Postby powderfinger » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

it's funny watching so many mediocre breweries chase trendy can design
powderfinger

Postby brent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Render wrote:Seems like a lot of breweries are trying to do the style with some mixed results. If they get them right they're hard to beat though.

I was in Milwaukee this past weekend and stopped at City Lights before a Brewers game. Their "hazy IPA" was neither hazy nor juicy. I did have one from Blue Blood (Justifiable Hopicide), brent, that wasn't too bad though. I didn't realize until after the fact that it was that brewery that was started by cops.

aha yeah i posted a bit about how fucked up that name is in another thread
clouds wrote:
brent wrote:there's a brewery here that is owned/run by former police and they named one of their recent beers 'justifiable hopicide'

oh my god

Our community is everything to us. We protected it as cops. We celebrate it as brewers.

Inspired by our roots in law enforcement and the home brewing scene, our beer is meant to bring people together. It's crafted using the finest ingredients. It's scrutinized for strict adherence to our standards. It's brewed to be savored among the best of friends. Because you have a right to know where your beer comes from. A right to great taste and great memories. A right to have a little fun. We swear to uphold those rights.

Blue Blood Brewing Company. • Justice. Served.
brent

Postby brent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 pm

render have you been to barn town? it sounds pretty promising.
brent

Postby bachwards » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm

gazedo wrote:i am super burnt out on hoppy things and totally over hazy ipas. headed to boston tomorrow and can't say I am very excited to drink much there. the only thing i really want to do is make it out to suarez and just drink all the pilsner.

If not, you're at least close to Jack's Abby for non-IPAs. And even if you don't make it there, their Post Shift is all over the place and is probably the best shelf pilsner in the area (besides maybe Notch, but Post Shift is cheaper and easier to find in my experience).
bachwards

Postby Render » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm

brent wrote:render have you been to barn town? it sounds pretty promising.

I have not been to the brewery proper, but had Neon on tap at El Bait Shop. It was outstanding.
Render

Postby Fullscreen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm

bachwards wrote:Excited to grab my first 6-pack of Weihenstephaner Festbier for the year. I've been anticipating the Sierra collab too, but it sounds like it's closer to a Märzen this year so I may just wait until it gets a bit cooler to try it.

their festbier is seriously one of the best lagers.
Fullscreen

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....