hell i guess i live at mikkeller dtla now
Viola Swamp

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 pm

I can't afford to live at Mikkeller DTLA. :cry:
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:37 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:I can't afford to live at Mikkeller DTLA. :cry:

lol yeah I think I'm going to use the Great Notion event to check Mikkeller out for the first time and I am afraid for my wallet
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby tonybricker » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 pm

just had my first 2018 Fundamental Observation, it's actually a beer that deserves the hype
tonybricker

Postby jalapeño ranch » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Modern Times sale tomorrow morning.

I realize a lot of this board is down on hazies but DDH Orderville is phenomenal and they're selling tallboys for $5.50. Also Blanc on Blanc on Blanc on Blanc cans which I've been waiting for.

Also, Cellador is now officially open on the weekends.
jalapeño ranch

Postby tonybricker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 am

jalapeño ranch wrote:Modern Times sale tomorrow morning.

I realize a lot of this board is down on hazies but DDH Orderville is phenomenal and they're selling tallboys for $5.50. Also Blanc on Blanc on Blanc on Blanc cans which I've been waiting for.

also had a Dymaxion tonight, and while I am definitely a fan of MT hazies, it was pretty mediocre
tonybricker

Postby brent » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:10 am

shelfie alert: lagunitas born yesterday is here
brent

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:13 am

tonybricker wrote:
jalapeño ranch wrote:Modern Times sale tomorrow morning.

also had a Dymaxion tonight, and while I am definitely a fan of MT hazies, it was pretty mediocre

That's a hazy APA right? Haven't tried it yet. Space Ways is pretty solid though.
jalapeño ranch

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:27 am

brent wrote:shelfie alert: lagunitas born yesterday is here

:awful: :ryan:
beefbroth inthe shitpipes

Postby tonybricker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:47 pm

one of the best beers I have had in the last few weeks (I have had some very good beers this month) was brewed by deadwolfbones! He made an awesome berlinerweisse, I would buy it in stores forever
tonybricker

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 pm

tonybricker wrote:one of the best beers I have had in the last few weeks (I have had some very good beers this month) was brewed by deadwolfbones! He made an awesome berlinerweisse, I would buy it in stores forever

is deadwolfbones a homebrewer or does he work at a brewery?

I'm jealous of those guys who have elaborate multi-tap homebrew systems in their suburban basements and names/homemade labels for the beer, check-ins for all of them on Untappd, real kings of their castles

currently drinking a hazy IPA that was $25/4pack at some overpriced LA liquor store, I can't quit these dang hops though
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby tonybricker » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Oh! Sweet Nuthin' wrote:
tonybricker wrote:one of the best beers I have had in the last few weeks (I have had some very good beers this month) was brewed by deadwolfbones! He made an awesome berlinerweisse, I would buy it in stores forever

I'm jealous of those guys who have elaborate multi-tap homebrew systems in their suburban basements and names/homemade labels for the beer, check-ins for all of them on Untappd, real kings of their castles

currently drinking a hazy IPA that was $25/4pack at some overpriced LA liquor store, I can't quit these dang hops though

DWB is a homebrewer, he can speak to his setup directly if he notices this but I'm pretty sure that he does not have an elaborate multitap system
tonybricker

Postby warmjets » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:00 pm

For whatever reason we get a Modern Times drop a few times a year here in DC. This time they brought Space Ways. That beer is fucking delicious.
warmjets

Postby Hugh » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Managed to score Straight Outta The Laboratory by Equilibrium and I am so sad my two cans are gone.
Hugh

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Missed the Great Notion tap takeover due to fantasy drafts. Looks like all their kegs tapped before 3:30. Oof.
jalapeño ranch

Postby deadwolfbones » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Oh! Sweet Nuthin' wrote:

Damn Bricker, that is sweet as hell.

Nuthin, I brew 3gal batches and bottle everything. I do dream of a multi tap setup though. Lemme know if you want to try some of my stuff and I'll bring you a 6er or more. I need to give away a lot more beer before I move Nov 1.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:16 pm

warmjets wrote:For whatever reason we get a Modern Times drop a few times a year here in DC. This time they brought Space Ways. That beer is fucking delicious.

Space Ways rips. Nelson is def one of my favorite hops.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby Viola Swamp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:39 pm

jalapeño ranch wrote:Missed the Great Notion tap takeover due to fantasy drafts. Looks like all their kegs tapped before 3:30. Oof.

rolled up to this, line was ridiculous because they kept it chill inside and was one-out-one-in, we sat at bar which was best choice. kegs were kicking like crazy

their pie/fruited beers are really well done and complex but tbh don't see how anyone could drink more than a few sips. wiggle (ddh nelson hazy) was my favorite followed closely by fruit by the foot (a hazy with cereal milk, basically)

looking forward to visiting the taproom when i'm in portland next year
Viola Swamp

Postby Viola Swamp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44 pm

think i'll skip the hill farmstead cuz i can drink those beers in nyc

i imagine it'll be slammed next sunday as well
Viola Swamp

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:49 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:
Oh! Sweet Nuthin' wrote:

Damn Bricker, that is sweet as hell.

Nuthin, I brew 3gal batches and bottle everything. I do dream of a multi tap setup though. Lemme know if you want to try some of my stuff and I'll bring you a 6er or more. I need to give away a lot more beer before I move Nov 1.

hell yeah man, I love homebrew

I thought about going to Mikkeler but couldn't do the $8/8oz when getting downtown for me is $30 roundtrip uber on top. Cellador is relatively close to me though, want to check that out soon
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby Viola Swamp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 pm

sixer of born yesterday and pack of fremont fresh hop hazy cans bring on the spooky winds
Viola Swamp

Postby noiseandpop » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 pm

big tesco near me selling cans of vocation love & hate. canned 6 days ago which is p wild. great beer for the price
~~cry urself 2 ash~~
noiseandpop
piss reeking meth goblin

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:45 pm

was in Brussels, took a great tour of Cantillon and managed to get 4 bottles home without them breaking 8-)
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby Hugh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Hugh

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Drinking a Monkish DDH while farewell transmission plays on the beer store Spotify :!:
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby Birds vs Worms » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Oh! Sweet Nuthin' wrote:Drinking a Monkish DDH while farewell transmission plays on the beer store Spotify :!:

Where at?
Birds vs Worms

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Birds vs Worms wrote:
Oh! Sweet Nuthin' wrote:Drinking a Monkish DDH while farewell transmission plays on the beer store Spotify :!:

Where at?

Special keg at Southland Beer
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby warmjets » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Hugh wrote:

Wonder when this will happen. Someone said they already have fermentation vessels setup in there.
warmjets

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm

i probably drank 5 gallons of other half berlinerweisse in the last month
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby brent » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:23 am

i opened a 2013 backyard rye bourbon county last night and it held up remarkably, although it was in my fridge for probably the past 3 years

i am definitely done cellaring, but i gotta say having that made me briefly reconsider
brent

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....