Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby iambic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 am

yeah I have that one wishlisted. it looks kinda weaponized to ruin me.
iambic

Postby iambic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 am

I was curious about the lack of real football licenses, but from the look of the RPS screenshots, the workshop has already solved that
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:06 am

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom version 1.03 update now available, adds Hard and Expert difficulty modes

should i give this another shot
broodstar

Postby G_S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 am

I can't help with that but I did want to ask for your thoughts on Eternity. I got sucked in this week and hell I think I like it
G_S

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 am

what i get stoned and buy last night

Game Tengoku CruisinMix and bomber squadron i guess
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby broodstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am

i'm team divinity

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... efinitive/

The biggest changes to the game are coming in its fourth and final act; the City of Arx, with the endgame section and epilogue having seen probably the most comprehensive changes. It’s undergone a major rewrite (and re-record of spoken dialogue) to flesh out motivations, and the Tag system’s usage has been ramped up so that you can make more character-appropriate decisions during the final stretch. They’ve also restructured it somewhat, improving some old fights and adding some entirely new battles, including a proper boss fight against the Kraken, as seen up top.

There is one chunk of entirely new content on its way, coming as a bit of free DLC for existing owners, and those who pre-order it on consoles. Sir Lora the Squirrel Knight is a new NPC who wants to recruit you to his cause, although you’ll need the Pet Pal perk to communicate with him. He’s on a grand (and potentially very silly) quest to save the world from the coming of the Great Acorn. While he sadly doesn’t engage in combat (he’s a squirrel), he does keep pace atop his skeletal cat steed. Here’s hoping he’ll be usable in GM mode.

Swen has been teasing Larian’s Next big project for about four years now. Apparently it’s even more ambitious than DOS2 (the man is on an impossible quest to build “the one CRPG to rule them all” — his words) so I wouldn’t expect to hear any announcements any time soon. From what he’s said already, the big RPG is *not* a Divinity game but a new IP, and may well be a licensed IP—something he was very excited about gettin, so something recognizable probably?
broodstar

Postby iambic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 pm

G_S wrote:I can't help with that but I did want to ask for your thoughts on Eternity. I got sucked in this week and hell I think I like it

wait is this to me. what would you like to know?
iambic

Postby Bartatua » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 pm

banquo wrote:is Grim Dawn good? or should i just keep playing diablo3 or poe?

It's fun if you want to try something new, though poe is definitely superior. But grim dawn is a good, pretty relaxing game to play. All single player
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby G_S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:37 pm

iambic wrote:
G_S wrote:I can't help with that but I did want to ask for your thoughts on Eternity. I got sucked in this week and hell I think I like it

wait is this to me. what would you like to know?

no it was towards broodstar the noted card freak but they're a cold one
G_S

Postby broodstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 pm

i think we both thought you meant pillars of eternity

do you mean eternal from dire wolf digital? that thing is like 50x better than the next card game available. i should probably replay that since i sunk in like $100
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

speaking of card games i was on the gwent train when it launched but i've heard most people are displeased with how it turned out and many people switched to mtg:a or whatever

anyone still play that
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

triple speaking of card games, slay the spire updates have been cool and there's a new event with relics

the construct is by far the most fun mod i've played and probably the only one that's overtuned compared to the base 3. https://github.com/Moocowsgomoo/StS-Con ... d/releases. i'm also finishing up some 60k word ramble of my thoughts on every single mod. maybe. the seeker/the witch are lukewarm recommendations from me as well

and dicey dungeons has a new update in a few hours >:)
broodstar

Postby G_S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm

sweeeeet

I would love to check out gwent again but I just can't stick to a card game unless it's on mobile too. Eternal is the first one where I've felt completely out of depth yet still able to enjoy it. hopefully they'll be pouring more resources into it since they are off Elder Scrolls Legends now.
G_S

Postby Marcus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Marcus

Postby internetfriend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm

the RR team just made the most bewildering change imaginable to their game so nobody try to get into it this weekend wait until monday
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby uncledoj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 pm

What changed? I just started playing a few days ago
uncledoj

Postby terrific bedwetter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:35 pm

They felt that people were getting the best weapons too early (before people could get a lot of armor), so they made it impossible to build those weapons at forges and instead now they are a random drop from loot chests

If i understand the game... one of the necessary materials for crafting those items was like.. chicken beaks... and you only get those from PvP kills. And the act of making the gun also draws people in encouraging more combat

Getting stuff from a chest leans more towards not interacting with other players and rolling the dice at as many chests as you can

So the change has basically just blasted the game in the direction of slow trepidation but also randomly very powerful
terrific bedwetter

Postby internetfriend » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:41 am

yeah what tb said

for people that haven't played, prior to the patch, there were two ways of getting the best weapons. you could loot drops (like pubg or fortnite) that fall randomly in the world and that everyone sees on their minimaps, which would get you a very good variant of the class-agnostic weapons that spawn in the world. alternatively, you could get some shards, and kill a player, and then go to a forge and spend your stuff to make a weapon. the forge would groan and pump smoke into the air and attract attention for a minute, then it'd pop out a very strong, class-dependent weapon that did not exist in a weaker form elsewhere in the world

these weapons weren't startlingly strong or anything, you could definitely take fights off people who had them even if you didn't, but they (and especially the class-specific forged versions) were probably the single biggest power spike in the game

now, you cant forge class-based weapons. instead, they, and the strong class-agnostic weapons, appear in drops and, rarely, in chests in the world (which are like the source of all world-spawn loot, stuff doesn't show up on the floor, you crack it all open from a chest)

it is a really interesting and also deeply bizarre change. the playerbase is rioting. their talking point is mostly how much it sucks to land, pick up a bad weapon, and get immediately blasted by someone who picked up the best weapon in the game. which is real, and does suck, and alone would probably be enough reason not to make that change, but that at least feels like a BR thing sort of

what sucks incredibly about this change, and what's kinda underrepresented in the Twitch hive's complaints, is how effectively and directly it jettisons a bunch of the stuff that was coolest about Realm Royale, that made me have so much more fun with it than other BRs. namely:

• the thing TB said, about how the loot system used to incentivize fun, hectic early fighting (to get that chicken part so you could get your weapon ASAP) and now incentivizes opening chests uninterrupted for as long as you can until you find all the weapons you need. RR had managed to totally do away with PUBG's "Oops! All looting" early game in favor of a much more interesting combination of looting, fighting, defending forges, and traveling between towns, and this change instantly put the game back in a PUBG place of "in order to be optimal, I need to just find untouched houses and avoid fights for a long time"
  • now that finding good gear is basically totally arbitrary, it seems pretty normal to roll into the endgame with shitty gear compared to everyone else, which is another PUBG thing that RR had done away with in surprisingly cool, effective way. before, if you took fights, you could guarantee that you would have good stuff by the end of a round, but now you can make all the right decisions and still have weak weapons, which puts you at a huge disadvantage
  • the way resources and gun drops worked before, the midgame had a surprisingly compelling flow of getting forges started, sallying out (leaving the forge exposed) to collect some more shards, coming back to start another forge, trying to grab nearby drops, hitting as many forges as you could, timing your forge against the circle, etc. now, if you don't find a weapon, your entire midgame is "try to find chest, open chest." if you do have a weapon, there's basically no reason to leave a forge after you've started, so people start their forges and then just camp on top of them until their stuff is done, then leave immediately
  • now that people relentlessly hunt chests down, it feels extremely hard to find unopened ones after the gold rush at the beginning of the game. like everywhere we went tonight after the match started, everything was gobbled up. before the patch, even if you had a slow early game, you could build some momentum by hitting some unlooted areas, getting shards, forging armor and abilities, and maybe your weapon wouldn't be great but you'd still be pretty set up for the endgame, and if you got even one kill you could guarantee that you'd have a strong weapon. now, the stuff you find in the first 5 minutes of the game is all you have unless you're either alone in a corner of the map or can take a fight off someone else, and that can be really frustrating if all the "someone elses" you bump into have legendary weapons from the start of the game. you can't even have a slow game and craft armor because everything is opened. people were already quitting out of games at the 5 minute mark because of how the ranking system works—with this loot overhaul, i think a lot of people are going to respond to a slow start by just exiting to lobby and trying again

ive typed a lot but i think it's a really interesting change! i wanted to like it based solely off the playerbase throwing a tantrum over it, but really it seems godawful and mystifying. i would love to know how, and why, this happened. they said they're gonna leave it up at least through the weekend, too, so...whee
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:42 am

it feels like they looked at their game, said "what're...the top 5 things that make this better than pubg," then asked "what single variable can we change to delete those 5 things?"
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby trouble » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:02 am

As someone who actively disliked the design of the class legendaries I actually agree they went the wrong way around with it. I don't think more RNG to get them makes thing any better and if anything makes it feel worse to go up against because there even less you can do about it.

Don't know what they could have did to make it better. Tweaking the actual weapons? Increase the cost of forging them? Feel like the whole shard economy in general needs a rework but idk. I don't like third person shooters in a faster paced multiplayer setting at the end of the day so there's not much they can do to get me back into the game.
trouble
ride.

Postby milknight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:18 am

its really crazy how much worse it makes the game. im sad about it. the system they had in place was great imo they just needed to rebalance the class weapons
milknight

Postby milknight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 am

i liked how it was the one br you basically couldnt win by just hiding and lurking until endgame. extra dumb that theyre doing this over the weekend too
milknight

Postby internetfriend » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:30 am

i’m surprised they’re still letting it go through the weekend
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby an otter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:37 pm

is there anything worth buying during the steam sale? are we just sleepin on this?
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby gambra » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 pm

I haven't gone through things properly yet but yeah it seems it's the same "not as discounted as before" sale. Like Fallout New Vegas being offered to me for €10 is useless. All the big name games from the last two years are at maybe 20% off full price. The usual key sites are drastically cheaper.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby broodstar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:54 pm

the trails series is on a light discount but there were higher on gog. in any case, trails in the sky fc is $10 and i want to live vicariously thru everyone playing it

tools that might help:
https://steamdb.info/sales/
https://steam250.com/discounts

at a glance, expeditions: viking+shadow tactics are at a decent price
broodstar

Postby john plainman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:57 pm

john plainman wrote:https://www.moddb.com/mods/dead-air/

the best mod for the best game was released today and the english translation was just posted. its standalone, so you dont need to own STALKER to play. i've been waiting for this all year

this is a brilliant but incredibly flawed mod. too many gameplay mechanic changes are poorly balanced but some of the new additions are so good that i can't imagine not playing with them...

probably my biggest issue so far, and i don't know if this can fixed, is the ai scripting. i think they broke a lot of the detection/reaction mechanics when building the new stealth system. i have to play more to see if this issue persists outside of the starting zone, as the low rank of the npcs there could just be decreasing their abilities a bit too much.

i really love the translation on this russian review, lol:

In terms of graphics and the atmosphere of the fashion is chic, which only costs chemical light in dark rooms, really aggravates the horror, and the light from the lanterns of the NPC and the bulb on the sidora table that can be cut down is just a cherry on the cake ..
But the cake, I beg your pardon, is from shit.
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby broodstar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:08 pm

and slay the spire is probably the cheapest it'll ever be >:)
broodstar

Postby john plainman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:24 pm

i'm a happy gamer
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Dr. Fishopolis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:55 am

Awesome, I've been looking forward to this release! Does is feel pretty complete as early access or is it better to wait a few releases?
Dr. Fishopolis

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....