Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:34 am

hmm maybe i will hunt down the boot. is there a reliable site or should i just ebay it
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

i think you can get one for $40-60 on ebay pretty reliably
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

thanks dude. would be great to have a copy. at this point even if i had the black friday edition i'd be too afraid to spin it probably.
cooly

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 am

something that i often can't believe is how much Blond(e) surpassed anything i could've ever imagined it being
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

anyone else feel like a surge of well being and calm every single time you hear “we’ll let you guys prophesy”

something about hearing his voice unprocessed for the first time and knowing you have the whole record in front of you once again
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby j-ol » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 am

sappho wrote:
terminus wrote:blond is way better than channel orange for me

hell, i'd probably even take the cdq version of endless over channel orange

Agreed. Currently tearing up listening to the White Ferrari outro at work right now

this is me too. need to join in the outpouring of love around this record bc it's also my fav of recent years. i feel sorry for people who don't have frank in their lives.
j-ol

Postby sliiimer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am

I wasn't a big CO fan and was just curious as to how he'd follow it up after a (relatively) long break. I was not prepared for Blond at all. I have a few memories of hearing albums for the first time in really special spaces / unique circumstances and Blond definitely falls into that category. Easily my album of the decade.

And then yeah, you think about Blond and then remember Endless, fucking Endless, exists alongside it. Astounding stuff.
sliiimer

Postby cooly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am

am i gonna regret not picking up endless now while its still 70ish for the rest of my life if i dont
cooly

Postby j-ol » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm

cooly wrote:am i gonna regret not picking up endless now while its still 70ish for the rest of my life if i dont

it's got one of the best sleeves/packaging that i've ever seen on a record. holograms n shit!
j-ol

Postby danno » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm

do you remember where you were when blond dropped?
i was at a giegling party on a boat, i'd been listening to endless on loop for the few days since it had been released and i was real impatient, around midnight i read that it was finally out, i stayed a bit but couldn't wait to go home, i remember walking home pretty buzzed and so happy, in the empty streets of Paris in august, tearing up at the end of self control (that's still one of my favorite moments in music)
it was the very end of summer which was the absolute perfect moment for this album to appear, and it's still very linked to that time of the year for me
no other music has been more important to me since like, ys
danno

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 pm

i was on user Your Turret Has Been Destroyed's balcony and i was following the @frankmoved twitter bot that was supposed to DM people when something happened in the Endless stream
i think it had malfunctioned in the days before so i was kind of shook when it said it was actually released lol
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm

really vivid memory of walking home from that and heating "ivy" for the first time
ripersnifle

Postby becky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm

sliiimer wrote:I wasn't a big CO fan and was just curious as to how he'd follow it up after a (relatively) long break. I was not prepared for Blond at all.

yeah this sums up my experience with it.

I still haven't been able to get Endless to open up to me very much though.
becky

Postby loaf angel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 pm

walking in the village looking for the pop up shop or whatever it was
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm

did anyone here get the mag
ripersnifle

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

CO is still ludicrously good. i just listened to it through and it never fails me
bongo
man in hammock

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

i have faith that frank will release a remastered/well pressed blond sometime
bongo
man in hammock

Postby cruiserbob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

it's already beautifully pressed and sounds great, why would he remaster it
and that's that.
cruiserbob

Postby cruiserbob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

i'm waiting for a legit CO vinyl release dammit
and that's that.
cruiserbob

Postby The Emperor's Son » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 pm

danno wrote:do you remember where you were when blond dropped?
i was at a giegling party on a boat, i'd been listening to endless on loop for the few days since it had been released and i was real impatient, around midnight i read that it was finally out, i stayed a bit but couldn't wait to go home, i remember walking home pretty buzzed and so happy, in the empty streets of Paris in august, tearing up at the end of self control (that's still one of my favorite moments in music)
it was the very end of summer which was the absolute perfect moment for this album to appear, and it's still very linked to that time of the year for me
no other music has been more important to me since like, ys

jfk when it leaked and i downloaded it with the last 4 minutes of free wi-fi i had while boarding my flight to poland that was delayed 4 hours because they forgot making it a red eye, that missed the connection anyway, making it up in munich in the early morning sleepless, and then finally listening to it on my destination flight to croatia 20 hours later where our bags didn't join us and i will never forget this very deliberately light record with what felt like frank's breathing and cooing in my ear while i overlooked the childishly blue dalmatian coast as my throat was getting sore
The Emperor's Son

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:17 pm

it's fascinating to me how blond was compelling yet seemingly sparse when it came out, like a friend casually saying "hey you wanna see some stuff I'm working on" when you're hanging out

and sparse can often mean forgettable, but it's had an incredible amount of staying power, heartening to see other people putting it in the toppest of the top tiers

I was setting up my tent at a faraway festival last month in a moment where I was very defeated and alone and hopeless and this album was the only comfort I had

Bad Craziness

Postby forest design » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Love these recollections
forest design

Postby Bad Craziness » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 pm

on a semi-related note, this cover is the keystone of my current Complicated Love Affair

Bad Craziness

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 pm

lost will probably always be my favorite frank song
bongo
man in hammock

Postby bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

august 2016 i was working at a wine place and adjuncting at two colleges and in the amazing early stages of my relationship with my now wife. it was a very happy and ecstatic time but also a very chaotic one since i was in the throes of peak alcoholism and was blackout drinking almost every night and having full blown withdrawal panic attacks every day. the record saw me into recovery and continues to be a very good balm/psychological and emotional boon for me
bongo
man in hammock

Postby alaska » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm

love reading these things yeah

edit: [personal post i dont really want to make anymore]
Last edited by alaska on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby Ankh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:35 pm

everything was p much the same as it is now
Ankh
senior fellow

lot less despair about the world i guess
Ankh
senior fellow

ah geez
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby alaska » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 pm

lol
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....