Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:03 pm

new locks have been installed. i'm getting mixed messages on whether i should be worried or not about my own safety, but my gut feeling says it seems fine for now. i'm gonna try and stay at a friend's until he picks up the rest of his stuff anyway.

his parents and support system are in australia. his room had a bunch of lube and condoms next to his pipe (and needle?). maybe he's just a wild partier. his friends seemed like pretty young 20-year-old dressed-for-club-night-on-a-friday dudes; he is 30-ish, aussie but living in canada for 2 years (purportedly). another weird thing is i asked him about the time he brought a friend back for lunch, and he said "i've never brought anyone here."
Last edited by broodstar on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broodstar

Postby futurist » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 pm

definitely seems like constant drug psychosis
futurist

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 pm

the only things that suggest he might have any mental disorder is that
1) when he was on his episode and being arrested, he was shouting "everyone says i'm crazy. i'm not crazy!!" and he was _very_ adamant about denying he had any 'problems', and didn't think anything about his actions were wrong in the aftermath. the police quickly concluded that he had some sort of mental disorder as well, and he has to do some sort of followup as part of his sentence, but i'm not sure if that's related to any disorder or simply drug treatment
2) even before the episode, my other roommate who confronted him said he was way out of it even while not high. this i can see being less likely to be true

i don't want to wrongfully paint a picture of him because it seems like most of this can be chalked up to simple psychosis. wondering if i should re-give his parents a call and update them with any new developments and ask if there's anything in the past i should be worried about for my own safety, but i don't want to tank the long distance again (lol) since i've already paid like 15m. and the guy who answered the phone before handing it off to his parents kept making fun of me for like 1m because of my accent. i don't have an accent per se; i just don't have an aussie one. fuck him too.

(9) missed calls from: SANDY (mrs. stupid landlady)

when this is all over i'm buying a tub of ice cream or two and just gorging on it. treat yrself folks!!
broodstar

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 pm

broodstar wrote:he is 30-ish, aussie but living in canada for 2 years

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're posting from Hamilton?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby chimp » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 pm

broodstar wrote:that's good to hear. i'm ignorant and don't know shit about these things. i don't think he's dangerous in any way? (but can't be sure.) so if it's just meth-induced paranoia, i feel a bit more safe

dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways
chimp

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 pm

chimp wrote:dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways

genuine thanks. will do
Kevin McCallister wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're posting from Hamilton?

toronnuh
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 pm

holy fuck I was going to go buy something but he was right outside the building getting the rest of his shit and I ran back in after he saw me and he tried to follow

this shit is so weird
broodstar

Postby hoopdog » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Dude, be careful. This does not sound like a safe situation.
hoopdog
ride.

Postby animefilm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:38 am

Broodstar, do you have any other roommates? I thought you said this person had only just moved in a week prior before this situation. I agree it seems like this is escalating into something unsafe. I think obviously the first red flag was that he was smoking crack/meth in your apartment... right.
animefilm

Postby broodstar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am

im currently staying with a friend for 3 days. i think everyone else on my floor is doing the same. im in a rooming house, 4 of us the bottom floor, about 5 upstairs. if i see him again around the building, i think i'm entitled to call the police

i think yesterday he was just confused because he tried to collect his stuff with his lied-about-remaining-key, but the locks were changed. after he saw me he tried to follow but didn't pursue aggressively or bang on the door or say anything. still, i'm not sure if he even had a friend with him to collect his stuff so it seems more likely he just wanted to crash in his room again. i heard him say "where the fuck is my..." which is what alerted me to his presence in the first place.

there is a note on the door that says to call the landlady to collect his remaining stuff. we sent him messages about it too, but he hasn't responded for abt 24 hours now.

EDIT: he apparently responded but didn't specify a date/time to collect his remaining stuff

my roommates upstairs were spooked by him and one of them says they're going to bake me something for taking care of this, which is a hella nice gesture. sometimes people make u feel all warm and fuzzy
broodstar

Postby Bride of Qualls » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:13 am

chimp wrote:
broodstar wrote:that's good to hear. i'm ignorant and don't know shit about these things. i don't think he's dangerous in any way? (but can't be sure.) so if it's just meth-induced paranoia, i feel a bit more safe

dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways

i personally had a psychotic episode a while ago and would affirm this take. psychotic paranoia is really really strange. you get like an animal kind of fear that i don't think can be described to ppl that haven't felt it.
Bride of Qualls

Postby broodstar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 am

from my landlady's much-more-reasonable goddaughter or whomever, who handles a lot of day-to-day maintenance with the house:

"he's denying everything that happened and wants to move back into his room. i have told him that's impossible and he needs to collect his remaining stuff. he hasn't responded since."

i figured that would be the case since he was dragging his feet while packing, denied everything that happened, and repeatedly stated he "already paid for the month's rent." he was also adamant that if nearly breaking the doors if 4-7 tenants rooms for 3 hours straight, if anyone had a problem with it, they should've told him to stop (which they did). he's so fucking spooky.
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 pm

i think my roommate problems are over? (hurray!)

i don't mean to brag but my other roommate baked me ginger snaps and holy shit. these are life changing. this girl is talented
broodstar

Postby Dead_Wizard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 am

my roommate is a pack a day Newport smoker and has recently developed the most nauseating smokers cough/vomit habit in the morning. Like 630 AM, I'm up, trying to drink my DAMN smoothie and all of a sudden I'll start to hear "HUAARRRRK HUAAAAAARRRKK HUA CAAAWW BLARAGAGGAGA" for like 15 minutes. Then he goes and smokes 2 Newports and comes back in, starts hiccuping, and it starts all over again.
Dead_Wizard

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 am

at least you’re already awake and not trying to sleep
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Darlene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Does everybody have that one housemate who has some kind of phobia about finishing the toilet roll? Every house I live in there's always someone that leaves like 4 or so sheets on the roll and you have to finish it and put the new roll on the holder.
Darlene

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 pm

You live with a *edited bc wtf*
pokethedoke

Postby RIXX » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm

pokethedoke wrote:You live with a retard.

:?
RIXX

Postby Darlene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:04 pm

pokethedoke wrote:You live with a retard.

a) Don't say that word, ever.
b) I live with 3 people, one of which is a Hipinion admin so u better chill.
Darlene

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 pm

good news wrote:Does everybody have that one housemate who has some kind of phobia about finishing the toilet roll? Every house I live in there's always someone that leaves like 4 or so sheets on the roll and you have to finish it and put the new roll on the holder.

survivorship bias
Ides of Smarch

Postby Darlene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:06 pm

make up your damn mind
Darlene

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 pm

the flavor of bias isn't important. if everybody changes an empty roll regardless of consumption, there's always gonna be a non-zero number of squares on the roll. what makes you think there's one person that purposefully leaves only a few to avoid changing the roll? that sort of means you have a roommate who is so lazy that they'd prefer walking around with a shitty asshole over having to change the roll.

is all i'm sayin
Ides of Smarch

Postby Darlene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Because often, it is accompanied by a new roll taken out of the packet, started and then left on the floor.
Darlene

Postby Darlene » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Literally every house I've lived in!
Darlene

Postby Ides of Smarch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 pm

you need to figure out who it is then and smother them in their sleep
Ides of Smarch

Postby Bride of Qualls » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:30 pm

broodstar i'm glad you're well.
the trauma of that that shit is something other ppl will have a hard time understanding i think
Bride of Qualls

Postby easy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:08 pm

four instances in two months of my roommates leaving either the oven or burner gas on for hours is a lot, right?

oh, and two of those four instances they left the house afterwards.
easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:38 pm

one of my roommates and I were gone for the weekend and the third roommate had friends staying over from out-of-town.

I came home yesterday to signs all over the front door asking "whoever made the mess in the back stairwell please clean it up"

apparently someone puked all over the stairs leading up to our floor and did a half-assed job cleaning it up, so there was still chunks of food and impact splatter all over the steps and walls. I talked to the people who live upstairs and they said "all we know is that there was a huge party on your back porch on saturday"

so I leave for dinner, come back, and the third roommate is in the back hall with her shitty boyfriend cleaning everything up. the puke was two days old at this point.
easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 pm

so in a single weekend, my dumb roommate and her friends/boyfriend managed to:
- have a loud enough party that they could be identified by our neighbors
- puke all over the stairwell and not clean it up
- leave the gas running from the stove for at least 12 hours, probably longer
easy
does it

Postby easy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:41 pm

a single ceiling tile in our bathroom was also moved out of place, meaning someone stood on our toilet and purposefully moved a tile. anyone wanna take bets on why?
easy
does it

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....