joe

Postby broodstar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm

yeah he's refusing to go and my landlady useless

I'm a fucking 24yo taking charge of a situation with a bunch of 30+ year olds

he lied to his parents but I gave them a call and they were completely unaware

but I think I have to move cause I no longer feel safe here
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:59 pm

i think i did the best i could in this situation. i gave him one call to help him out, and he called his parents and kept saying shit like "happy birthday" and "i'm fine" before i cut him off. i eventually called back to let them know that their son probably has some sort of mental disorder, is addicted to crystal meth, got jailed, and is currently being evicted, to which they had no idea. i just need to let out my anger at my stupid, incompetent landlady and everything'll be right as rain tomorrow!
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm

"HEY IM MS STUPID LANDLADY. I AM GOING TO LEAVE, ALL HIS STUFF IS HERE AND YOU, A RANDOM TENANT, NEED TO BABYSIT HIM FOR FIVE HOURS. DON'T FORGET TO CALL THE POLICE IF ANYTHING UNTOWARD HAPPENS!!"

fuck you
broodstar

Postby Reliable Tradesman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Christ. Stay safe.
Reliable Tradesman

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am

he did face trial and was charged and fined, but was allowed to return under no conditions. i think this is because his charge on arrest was just possession of drugs rather than any sort of behavioral thing.

he is currently sort-of-evicted. he was supposed to be evicted yesterday, after a long and fucking arduous process between me and mrs. unhelpful landlady. however, if he's actually not under any conditions from the judge, i'm unsure of the legality of evicting him, and as much as i keep telling my landlady this is her job to deal with, i doubt that'll happen. anyway, he lied about not having keys, which i freaking knew but nobody would listen to me, so after we moved his shit out of his room and locked the door, he eventually moved his shit back in. he moved most of it to a friend's last night, so hopefully it's just to collect his shit and properly move out, but i don't know why he lied about not having keys. currently, this means he still has access to the building at any point. i have told my landlady this and she's hopefully trying to install new locks

the spookiest thing is that when i was in a 30 minute babysitting session with him (while my landlady took TWO grown women with her to fetch keys from her house because SHE felt scared and wanted ME to watch him), he spoke in such an odd manner. i don't have any experience in the speech patterns of people with bpd/schizophrenia/anything of the sort, but he would randomly try and ask personal questions, sniff thru the contacts on my phone and be like "n... g... h... i..., who's that? she sent a text to you. was that to me? why would she say that to me?", but as soon as his friends came, he changed his attitude completely. i also gaffed in our conversation yesterday, because while i'm normally pretty decent at shitting out generic answers that don't say anything, 1) i admitted i should've done something earlier--which suggests i was the one to call the police and 2) i said was the tenant in the fourth room, not the one in the first who called the police, and then when i locked the door and turned the lights out, my fucking landlady banged on my door till i opened up to tell me i need to watch him AGAIN for five hours, all while he was right outside the room.

my landlady is also the most backwards ass conservative, with the most vile breath, who is like "i dont believe charge with drugs. never heard this. punish for drugs."

i don't wanna go to the trouble of moving for a 2 month lease just because of shitty people. man. fucking fuck
broodstar

Postby ZONKER » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 am

Sorry to hear broodstar.

I know here in California the eviction process is long and arduous, although I’m sure it’s quite easier in other states (assuming you’re American). Shitty landlords are the worst, id move out anyways cuz the landlord situation isn’t gonna change, although I kinda see you’re as lazy and hateful towards moving as I am.

Why can’t all addicts be as chill as me???
Image Image Image Image Image
kid8 wrote:mail me all of your drugs and give me your dick and soul.
ZONKER

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:07 am

he's back and knocking on our doors

nope. not answering
broodstar

Postby Thalidomide » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 am

Broodstar, I work in a mental health crisis center and the behavior you're describing is pretty consistent with the meth-induced psychosis we see fairly regularly. I would assume this guy probably hasn't really slept since this whole thing began and he isnt likely to clear up until he does. Generally that level of paranoia stems from several days of heavy use and no sleep. It's not even necessarily indicative of an underlying mental disorder. I would like to think law enforcement would have recognized this and taken him to a hospital, under IVC if necessary. But then again, that's a lot more work on them than just putting him jail. And unfortunately law enforcement often opts for the easier solution rather than the correct one.
You are psychic.
You do not masturbate.
You do not know anger. Your patience is infinite.
Snakes are not dangerous to you. There are no snakes in the bottom of your bed.
Thalidomide

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am

that's good to hear. i'm ignorant and don't know shit about these things. i don't think he's dangerous in any way? (but can't be sure.) so if it's just meth-induced paranoia, i feel a bit more safe. my convo with him happened about 16 hrs after his arrest, so i don't know if that was enough time for it to get out of his system and all that.

others have told me that he was a bit strange talking to him even before this, but might've just been confirmation bias. he was also shouting "people tell me i'm crazy", and i could immediately tell that's a huge potential trigger for him--admitting he has any sort of problem, at least--but i'm going to blame all my spookiness on the ny story

and yes, the cops were pretty derisive and even taunting him at points while he was under arrest, and have been pretty disorganized and seems that they didn't follow proper procedure in giving me necessary information, which i had to followup on at the station, so i'm not surprised if they just wanted the easiest option out. 'tis why i felt bad for calling, because i doubt anything was really accomplished from this ordeal, but i let his parents know and now it's out of my hands
broodstar

Postby blogger status » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 am

i lived with a dude that was wacked on ghb when i told him he had to go he trashed the place took pictures and posted them on fb saying i did it he stole a bunch of shit from me i caught him in the act and called the cops the cops didnt do shit btw he managed to get in the house after the locks got changed and stole more shit this was like a year and a half ago never posted about it but it was very traumatizing

make sure your windows are locked man
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby blogger status » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 am

dude took like my whole wardrobe no shit
took my weed my pipe that i had for like ten years
man it was so fucked
nothing i could do
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby blogger status » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:31 am

my last roommate stole shit from me too and i thought we were tight i do not trust anybody at all whatsoever anymore
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 am

just locked my window lol
broodstar

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:03 pm

I would consider staying at a friend's place for a while.
Are his parents in the same city? They should be dealing with this.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:03 pm

new locks have been installed. i'm getting mixed messages on whether i should be worried or not about my own safety, but my gut feeling says it seems fine for now. i'm gonna try and stay at a friend's until he picks up the rest of his stuff anyway.

his parents and support system are in australia. his room had a bunch of lube and condoms next to his pipe (and needle?). maybe he's just a wild partier. his friends seemed like pretty young 20-year-old dressed-for-club-night-on-a-friday dudes; he is 30-ish, aussie but living in canada for 2 years (purportedly). another weird thing is i asked him about the time he brought a friend back for lunch, and he said "i've never brought anyone here."
Last edited by broodstar on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broodstar

Postby futurist » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:04 pm

definitely seems like constant drug psychosis
futurist

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 pm

the only things that suggest he might have any mental disorder is that
1) when he was on his episode and being arrested, he was shouting "everyone says i'm crazy. i'm not crazy!!" and he was _very_ adamant about denying he had any 'problems', and didn't think anything about his actions were wrong in the aftermath. the police quickly concluded that he had some sort of mental disorder as well, and he has to do some sort of followup as part of his sentence, but i'm not sure if that's related to any disorder or simply drug treatment
2) even before the episode, my other roommate who confronted him said he was way out of it even while not high. this i can see being less likely to be true

i don't want to wrongfully paint a picture of him because it seems like most of this can be chalked up to simple psychosis. wondering if i should re-give his parents a call and update them with any new developments and ask if there's anything in the past i should be worried about for my own safety, but i don't want to tank the long distance again (lol) since i've already paid like 15m. and the guy who answered the phone before handing it off to his parents kept making fun of me for like 1m because of my accent. i don't have an accent per se; i just don't have an aussie one. fuck him too.

(9) missed calls from: SANDY (mrs. stupid landlady)

when this is all over i'm buying a tub of ice cream or two and just gorging on it. treat yrself folks!!
broodstar

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 pm

broodstar wrote:he is 30-ish, aussie but living in canada for 2 years

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're posting from Hamilton?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby chimp » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 pm

broodstar wrote:that's good to hear. i'm ignorant and don't know shit about these things. i don't think he's dangerous in any way? (but can't be sure.) so if it's just meth-induced paranoia, i feel a bit more safe

dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways
chimp

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 pm

chimp wrote:dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways

genuine thanks. will do
Kevin McCallister wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're posting from Hamilton?

toronnuh
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 pm

holy fuck I was going to go buy something but he was right outside the building getting the rest of his shit and I ran back in after he saw me and he tried to follow

this shit is so weird
broodstar

Postby hoopdog » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Dude, be careful. This does not sound like a safe situation.
hoopdog
ride.

Postby animefilm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:38 am

Broodstar, do you have any other roommates? I thought you said this person had only just moved in a week prior before this situation. I agree it seems like this is escalating into something unsafe. I think obviously the first red flag was that he was smoking crack/meth in your apartment... right.
animefilm

Postby broodstar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am

im currently staying with a friend for 3 days. i think everyone else on my floor is doing the same. im in a rooming house, 4 of us the bottom floor, about 5 upstairs. if i see him again around the building, i think i'm entitled to call the police

i think yesterday he was just confused because he tried to collect his stuff with his lied-about-remaining-key, but the locks were changed. after he saw me he tried to follow but didn't pursue aggressively or bang on the door or say anything. still, i'm not sure if he even had a friend with him to collect his stuff so it seems more likely he just wanted to crash in his room again. i heard him say "where the fuck is my..." which is what alerted me to his presence in the first place.

there is a note on the door that says to call the landlady to collect his remaining stuff. we sent him messages about it too, but he hasn't responded for abt 24 hours now.

EDIT: he apparently responded but didn't specify a date/time to collect his remaining stuff

my roommates upstairs were spooked by him and one of them says they're going to bake me something for taking care of this, which is a hella nice gesture. sometimes people make u feel all warm and fuzzy
broodstar

Postby Bride of Qualls » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:13 am

chimp wrote:
broodstar wrote:that's good to hear. i'm ignorant and don't know shit about these things. i don't think he's dangerous in any way? (but can't be sure.) so if it's just meth-induced paranoia, i feel a bit more safe

dude I'm not trying to scare you but I don't think this is the right way to look at this. "just" meth induced paranoia can definitely make people do violent and fucked up shit. i probably see the worst examples of this in an emergency department in South Australia so my perspective is likely to be a little skewed but my advice is to avoid confronting or being alone with this person. meth makes people believe incorrect shit and behave in unpredictable ways

i personally had a psychotic episode a while ago and would affirm this take. psychotic paranoia is really really strange. you get like an animal kind of fear that i don't think can be described to ppl that haven't felt it.
Bride of Qualls

Postby broodstar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 am

from my landlady's much-more-reasonable goddaughter or whomever, who handles a lot of day-to-day maintenance with the house:

"he's denying everything that happened and wants to move back into his room. i have told him that's impossible and he needs to collect his remaining stuff. he hasn't responded since."

i figured that would be the case since he was dragging his feet while packing, denied everything that happened, and repeatedly stated he "already paid for the month's rent." he was also adamant that if nearly breaking the doors if 4-7 tenants rooms for 3 hours straight, if anyone had a problem with it, they should've told him to stop (which they did). he's so fucking spooky.
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 pm

i think my roommate problems are over? (hurray!)

i don't mean to brag but my other roommate baked me ginger snaps and holy shit. these are life changing. this girl is talented
broodstar

Postby Dead_Wizard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 am

my roommate is a pack a day Newport smoker and has recently developed the most nauseating smokers cough/vomit habit in the morning. Like 630 AM, I'm up, trying to drink my DAMN smoothie and all of a sudden I'll start to hear "HUAARRRRK HUAAAAAARRRKK HUA CAAAWW BLARAGAGGAGA" for like 15 minutes. Then he goes and smokes 2 Newports and comes back in, starts hiccuping, and it starts all over again.
Dead_Wizard

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 am

at least you’re already awake and not trying to sleep
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.