Apple Event

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internetfriend » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:40 pm

i charge my phone every night and i now need to charge it again in the evening if i want to be able to listen to anything when i take the dog out at night. this shit is like a year and a half old. i hate the phone
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
User avatar
internetfriend
pubg survivalist
 
Posts: 26714
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: jikan desu!

Postby nautical hyperblast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 pm

super gas wrote:every time i buy an apple product i get mad at it and curse their name and then every time they release a new product i still want to buy it. how to i cure this problem?

weigh out what you could get for the price of a new iphone and do it or just use it for perspective.
ie. i could upgrade from my 7 and get an XR... or I could go spend a week in costa rica for the same price (or something like that).
Image
User avatar
nautical hyperblast
 
Posts: 10561
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 pm
Location: a gentrified neighborhood

Postby super gas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm

nautical hyperblast wrote:
super gas wrote:every time i buy an apple product i get mad at it and curse their name and then every time they release a new product i still want to buy it. how to i cure this problem?

weigh out what you could get for the price of a new iphone and do it or just use it for perspective.
ie. i could upgrade from my 7 and get an XR... or I could go spend a week in costa rica for the same price (or something like that).


i get my phone through work. i wish pixel was an option but they only offer iphones. i get a free upgrade every 2 years but i stupidly went for an 8 last year rather than wait for them to get x approved and in stock which turned out to be only a couple of months later. i guess i'll have to wait and get a xi next year but i did drool over the xs online today.
User avatar
super gas
 
Posts: 14788
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: new york

Postby videodrome » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Bought a 160GB iPod Classic in great shape for $80 yesterday, pretty stoked. Was shoehorning tunes on a 30GB iPod Video previously.
User avatar
videodrome
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Postby Shalabi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 pm

anyone done the battery replacement on their iphone?
User avatar
Shalabi
 
Posts: 15734
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: oc, ca

Postby blues » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 pm

what is the best iphone to buy right now

edit: also the cheapest and smallest
blues
 
Posts: 5523
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Postby shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Probably iPhone 8? Thinking about replacing my 6s with an 8 since the battery has gone to shit.

Can you get group texts normally on Android yet? That’s really the only thing keeping me on an iPhone.
shankly
 
Posts: 5697
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: DC

Postby vibracobra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Shalabi wrote:anyone done the battery replacement on their iphone?



Yeah. Five months later it’s still shit.
vibracobra
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Postby powderfinger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am

shankly wrote:Probably iPhone 8? Thinking about replacing my 6s with an 8 since the battery has gone to shit.

Can you get group texts normally on Android yet? That’s really the only thing keeping me on an iPhone.


No idea what it's like for the iPhone users I'm conversing with, but my group text experience has been fine on Android lately. The conversation seems to stay threaded correctly, which was the major problem I had during my previous Android stints. Image and video quality is still very bad, of course.
User avatar
powderfinger
 
Posts: 12229
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Postby RIXX » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am

fyi I am selling a 256 GB black iPhone X, I had an upgrade so I used it for the XS Max. I have Sprint but maybe there's a way to remove the sim card and activate it on another network idk. I got it a year ago and immediately put it in a case so it's more or less in perfect condition. I'll also throw in my Apple leather case and an upright wireless charger. I'm planning on listing it on Swappa this week but figured I'd give this thread a head's up if anyone is interested, just PM me
User avatar
RIXX
 
Posts: 5460
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Steve Jobs is good now

FORSTALL: Whenever I ate with Steve, he insisted on paying for me, which I thought was a little odd. Even if we went in together and he selected something quick like pre-made sushi, and I ordered a pizza in the wood-burning pizza oven, he would wait for me at the cash register for 10, 15 minutes. I felt so awkward. Finally, I told him. “Seriously, I can pay for myself, so please don’t stand there and wait for me.” He said, “Scott, you don’t understand. You know how we pay by swiping your badge and then it’s deducted from your salary? I only get paid a dollar year! Every time I swipe we get a free meal!” Here was this multibillionaire putting one over on the company he founded, a few dollars at a time.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar
Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 32571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Salvador Dali's garden party

Postby alaska » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:27 pm

shankly wrote:Probably iPhone 8? Thinking about replacing my 6s with an 8 since the battery has gone to shit.

Can you get group texts normally on Android yet? That’s really the only thing keeping me on an iPhone.


I haven't had a group text problem in a while and I used to have them often, most of my friends have iphones
Very anecdotal evidence but I like my cheap LG phone a lot
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
User avatar
alaska
ride.
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Manhattans Upper East Side

Postby alaska » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:Steve Jobs is good now

FORSTALL: Whenever I ate with Steve, he insisted on paying for me, which I thought was a little odd. Even if we went in together and he selected something quick like pre-made sushi, and I ordered a pizza in the wood-burning pizza oven, he would wait for me at the cash register for 10, 15 minutes. I felt so awkward. Finally, I told him. “Seriously, I can pay for myself, so please don’t stand there and wait for me.” He said, “Scott, you don’t understand. You know how we pay by swiping your badge and then it’s deducted from your salary? I only get paid a dollar year! Every time I swipe we get a free meal!” Here was this multibillionaire putting one over on the company he founded, a few dollars at a time.


Wtf? You can't get credit for sticking it to the man that you also are
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
User avatar
alaska
ride.
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Manhattans Upper East Side

Postby super gas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:50 pm

that somehow makes me like jobs even less.
User avatar
super gas
 
Posts: 14788
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: new york

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adult Contemporary, all day breakfast, becky, brent, brentwurst, chad, Clive, Conetoaster, denvermax, Destroid, FourLegsGood, Frank, freezinseason, goodtimes, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hal Jordan, hbb, hilbert, HotFingersClub, iambic, jack, Kaputt, milknight, multipass, murderhorn, NegativeCapability, No Good Advice, nocents, noiseandpop, nosebleeds, number none, OKterrific, Quizzical, REAL BASED SLOB, rex, sconies, sideshow raheem, someguy, Spoons, the soccer return believer, trampoline, waldojeffers1, Wrong Titus