Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby wintergreen » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 am

RIXX wrote:Boarding on my iphone xs max right now. It's big. It's nice. My life is still the same tho. This apple product has not gotten me salvation but I'll keep trying

appreciate your candor.

the marketing about the camera improvements might get me to buy an xs (when i'm eligible for an upgrade in december.)
Last edited by wintergreen on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wintergreen

Postby esmuydavista » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Installed Mojave. Dark mode is cool so far. Can anyone recommend a free clean up program? My Mac is 900 gigs used and I have no idea how
esmuydavista

Postby Beaver King » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:15 pm

esmuydavista wrote:Installed Mojave. Dark mode is cool so far. Can anyone recommend a free clean up program? My Mac is 900 gigs used and I have no idea how

Theres an app called Disk Space Analyzer, its pretty good at showing what is taking up how much space
Beaver King
ok

Postby RIXX » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 pm

OmniDiskSweeper is king
RIXX

Postby Barthes Starr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Beaver King wrote:
esmuydavista wrote:Installed Mojave. Dark mode is cool so far. Can anyone recommend a free clean up program? My Mac is 900 gigs used and I have no idea how

Theres an app called Disk Space Analyzer, its pretty good at showing what is taking up how much space

Grand Perspective is great, i use it to tidy up every month or two
Barthes Starr

Postby internethandle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm

the measure app is maybe the only thing that has legitimately impressed me about owning an iphone, like including the iphones themselves (5s, 6, and X). good job i guess, apple!!11
internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 pm

i was about to say google translate app was also impressive but lol
internethandle
ok

Postby esmuydavista » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Nice thanks y’all
esmuydavista

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm

dark mode is tight
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby bluemovers » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:36 pm

dark mode is awesome, but i had to roll back to High Sierra almost immediately because the idiots at LogMeIn haven't bothered to update the app for Mojave and it completely crashes as soon as i log into my remote PC. which is a total deal breaker.
bluemovers

Postby endless dave » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 pm

dark mode is fine and all but I use the Mail app pretty extensively and it's almost painfully jarring to have this dark app and then these giant white spaces in the bodies of the emails
endless dave

Postby RIXX » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm

update: i am really fucking loving my XS Max. i can finally type quickly and accurately. Screen is gorgeous, camera amazing, etc. My hands are fairly big though so if you can't palm a basketball i would say probably stay away from this phone.
RIXX

Postby RIXX » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:46 pm

in other news, my late 2013/2014 13" macbook pro can no longer hold a charge and dies immediately if the charger is unconnected. i cannot think of a more frustrating thing than this.

have any of you dealt with this? is it cheaper to take it to Apple or a third party repair person to get the battery replaced? it's out of warranty and has no applecare
RIXX

Postby variegated reality » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Ugh, my 2009 MacBook Pro went through the same thing. I ordered my own battery from somewhere (maybe owc?) and replacing it was fairly easy if I remember correctly, although that could be different for your model. Actually I just looked at owc's website and they highly recommend professional installation for the 2013/2014s so... I would imagine third party would be cheaper but I don't have anything to back that up.
variegated reality

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:03 pm

endless dave wrote:dark mode is fine and all but I use the Mail app pretty extensively and it's almost painfully jarring to have this dark app and then these giant white spaces in the bodies of the emails

I think you get used to it pretty quick

It's more jarring to open up an app like Word that doesn't have dark mode at all
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby all day breakfast » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

mojave and techno mode is super nice
all day breakfast

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:43 pm

RIXX wrote:in other news, my late 2013/2014 13" macbook pro can no longer hold a charge and dies immediately if the charger is unconnected. i cannot think of a more frustrating thing than this.

have any of you dealt with this? is it cheaper to take it to Apple or a third party repair person to get the battery replaced? it's out of warranty and has no applecare

variegated reality wrote:Ugh, my 2009 MacBook Pro went through the same thing. I ordered my own battery from somewhere (maybe owc?) and replacing it was fairly easy if I remember correctly, although that could be different for your model. Actually I just looked at owc's website and they highly recommend professional installation for the 2013/2014s so... I would imagine third party would be cheaper but I don't have anything to back that up.

2012 was the last model of macbook pro that makes it relatively easy to replace the battery

that's what I have, and I had bad luck with replacing the battery myself, had to get it done by a 3rd party. didn't even bother bringing it into apple because I assumed it was beyond any date range they give a shit about, but they keep changing their policies so maybe it's worth asking them

ultimately it's better to pay a couple hundred bucks than a couple thousand. it'll probably bounce right back with a new battery
Bad Craziness

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 pm

the word you're looking for is "anticonnected"
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby black mamba » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:52 pm

user rixx, have you considered going to rossman?
black mamba
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:09 am

liking mojave, everything feels a bit zippier, but facetime won't let me make video calls anymore. facetime audio sure

zero clue how to resolve it too, google's turning up nothing
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby Spoons » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 am

RIXX wrote:in other news, my late 2013/2014 13" macbook pro can no longer hold a charge and dies immediately if the charger is unconnected. i cannot think of a more frustrating thing than this.

this has happened to every Macbook I've ever had.
(last one I bought was like 2008 or so though)
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
Spoons

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:57 am

I've found you can customize dark mode a little bit but changing the accent color in system preferences and also turning off transparency in accessibility, which improves contrast with menus and windows. It also merges the color scheme with your desktop picture so that makes a difference as well

I like the blue accent color / no transparency combo the best

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby super gas » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:10 pm

anyone have a guide to how i make a clean install (wiping drive) of mojave?
super gas

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm

the battery life on this thing is insane
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby death is my amigo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:10 am

i wonder how long until i'm used to the new font rendering

i'm not complaining, it does look crisper. im just very distracted by it
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby blues » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:42 am

Beaver King wrote:

unless they got rid of it going from HS to mojave you can just go about this mac > storage > manage

used to use omnidisksweeper but this is as good and built in, so
blues

Postby badhat » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:48 pm

if you’re holding out, ios12 is an unbelievable improvement in general feel and responsiveness for iphone x, btw
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby death is my amigo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:04 pm

yeah it's easily the best update they've ever run. i used to avoid updates for obvious reasons.
death is my amigo
ok

Postby Cronos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:13 pm

blues wrote:
Beaver King wrote:

unless they got rid of it going from HS to mojave you can just go about this mac > storage > manage

used to use omnidisksweeper but this is as good and built in, so

Problem with this is it doesnt show you exactly which files are taking up the most space. I have yet to find a Mac app that is an good equivalent of Treesize for PC.
Cronos

Postby truncated » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:25 pm

badhat wrote:if you’re holding out, ios12 is an unbelievable improvement in general feel and responsiveness for iphone x, btw

Anyone with anything lower than a 7 have a report about how iOS 12 works for you?

Still on a 6s and fine with that/wanting to make it last another year at least if possible. Never updated to iOS 11 bc of people itt saying that drained their 6 (at least at first?), so I'd be jumping from 10.
truncated

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....