Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby zamboni » Wed May 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Is there good software in OSX to organize music and create folders/rename files based off metadata like Foobar2000 does easily? I just want a satisfyingly autistic stack of folders like:

Album Artist - (Release Date) Album Title

so it's in artist order chronologically
zamboni

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed May 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Musicbrainz Picard maybe? I haven’t used it much
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Science » Wed May 09, 2018 6:01 pm

The comments on this page would seem to indicate otherwise but, would anyone like to beta test a new privacy-centric browser?
Science
Prometheus sucks.

Postby John Dark » Wed May 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Spoons wrote:is there a good alternative for the music app? because I can't deal with its quirks anymore.

I switched to Picky a couple of years ago and it was the best app decision I ever made.
Now here is the lake. And I still haven't changed.
John Dark

Postby badhat » Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm

hows everyone liking their iPhone Xs after a few months?

mine was prone to overheating when i used it a lot in the case, esp when charging, so i decided to ditch the case and just get front and back tempered glass screen protectors (already saved me once) and since i've been using it naked. I've really enjoying what an aesthetically and functionally pleasing piece of hardware it is. iOS has been mostly really stable for me, facial recognition works like 90% of the time, the OLED is fucking beautiful, speaker is loud and clear, works great for small conf calls, the gestures are pretty intuitive now. (every once in a while i have to home swipe more than once to exit a folder). battery is holding up. very happy overall.
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby bro tones » Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 pm

i really like mine. it's the first new iphone i've gotten that actually felt different and better. no home button is great, my thumbs were always too sweaty for touch ID and it took me forever to unlock my phone. only time face ID doesn't work for me is if my head is like burried in a pillow. everything is super fluid.
antoine wrote:i got doofed by a sunoco freezerito
bro tones

Postby Viz » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Love mine. In hindsight, I didn't need the 256 gig, but whatevs, it's nice not having to worry about running out of room. Face ID is great, love the little things like my notifications expanding or the alarm going down in volume when I look at it. And I also don't have to worry about occasionally sweaty fingers anymore, so I can use Apple Pay without fear it won't work. The screen blacks and colours make me want to change my TV. I don't have a frame of reference for the speaker, it sounds alright to me, but I mainly use headphones anyway.
Viz

Postby RIXX » Fri May 11, 2018 3:53 pm

i've had mine for almost a year now. i love it but i'm no longer totally obsessed with it and the screen like I was for the first couple of months I had it. i wish the novelty of new electronics didn't have to fade..
RIXX

Postby bluemovers » Fri May 11, 2018 4:50 pm

i'm loving my X.
bluemovers

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri May 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Terrible MacBook keyboard update:
I purchased one of those plastic keyboard covers
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby buboclot » Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 pm

love the X but Face ID working in landscape/while I’m in bed would be an extremely welcome update.

i also wish there was a quicker way to open the camera from screen being off. my work phone (samsung) allows a double tap of home button to open camera. minor gripe but all the iOS methods of quick opening cam still seem slower than that.
buboclot

Postby badhat » Sun May 13, 2018 1:36 pm

wait you can start the camera with one touch from lock screen. thats pretty easy
badhat

Postby The Dirty Turtle » Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 pm

its just a phone
The Dirty Turtle
ok

Postby The Dirty Turtle » Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 pm

with a browser
The Dirty Turtle
ok

Postby badhat » Sun May 13, 2018 1:42 pm

wait theres a browser?
badhat

Postby buboclot » Sun May 13, 2018 2:57 pm

badhat wrote:wait you can start the camera with one touch from lock screen. thats pretty easy

yeah yeah i know this but still ends up being slower.

whether you raise to wake or tap screen to wake and then long press cam icon on lock screen, it’s still slower than say just double tapping the screen anywhere or even double tapping the side button(siri/apple pay)

we’re talking fractions of a second here but still. i also occasionally have issues where it starts to read my face and then the camera icon on lower right disappears, which then requires multiple gestures/taps to open it.

like i said small gripe but i think there should be an entirey frictionless/full proof almost instantaneous way to launch the camera.
buboclot

Postby powderfinger » Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Double-clicking the side button to launch the camera whether the phone is locked, in an app, whatever is indeed an excellent feature on my Pixel 2 that I never knew I was missing with the iPhone. It gives you absolute certainty that the camera is going to open exactly when you need it.
powderfinger

Postby all day breakfast » Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 am

the overnight update to iOS 11 finally got me a couple of weeks ago

I thought “ah well”, only putting it off for this long out of some interest in keeping my 5s as snappy as possible, but jesus christ it has basically become unusable, ten second+ load times on everything, cant really even type anymore because it can’t keep up with my keypresses and becomes autocorrect soup. My battery has gone from 60% to 19% just reading twitter and a couple of articles on my hours commute this morning

also why does it automatically put bluetooth back on every time I charge it back up now

fuck this
all day breakfast

Postby sunrise » Fri May 18, 2018 5:20 am

ios11 killed my 5s. the battery couldn't last through a day at work, sat in my bag in airplane mode.
i went out and bought an 8, lol.
sunrise

Postby all day breakfast » Fri May 18, 2018 5:22 am

yeah i guess i know what my savings are going on next -__-
all day breakfast

Postby RIXX » Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 am

i miss when apple products actually worked seamlessly

this apple TV 4k I just got has been nothing but a pain. the actual 'integration' is the worst part so far, i'm having so many issues airplaying between my X and my MBP and the Apple TV.
RIXX

Postby Bad craziness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:02 pm

anyone actually watching today's Apple Event or is this still just the tech support / compaint thread
Bad craziness

Postby Mister E » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:10 pm

"Today is all about software."

Yeah prolly no new hardware.
Mister E

Postby spix et chicho » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:10 pm

very excited for ios 12 to break my phone all over again
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby Bad craziness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:16 pm

looks like they scrambled to make up for getting caught slowing down old models
Bad craziness

Postby Bad craziness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm

ok USDZ sounds dope tbh
Bad craziness

Postby Bad craziness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm

hard to get excited about AR in the context of waving around a phone or tablet, but if Magic Leap represents the current bleeding edge of AR glasses, it makes sense to wait a few years before debuting the Apple Glass
Bad craziness

Postby Bad craziness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:29 pm

using AR to replace imagination when playing with lego is a weird compromise in the effort to get kids to keep playing with toys instead of just video games
Bad craziness

Postby Spoons » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:59 pm

the battery of my iPhone 6s just shit the bed.
over night it goes from like 70% to 10% - in airplayne mode!

it also became slower and more unrespnsive all of a sudden.
all of this happened so fast. It was working perfectly one day, and the next this shit started happening.

is there anything I can do?
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
Spoons

Postby Spoons » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 pm

now that I think about it, it might have been triggered by the phone running out of storage.
I've cleared like 5 gigs by deleting pics and apps, but it didn't get any better.
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
Spoons

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.