Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby farmer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:35 pm

I don't plan to leave mine anywhere bc someone might steal it but first I need to buy one
farmer

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:36 pm

nautical hyperblast wrote:wait so how many of you haterz have ridden one?

i mean i absolutely love shooting guns too but
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby kit fox » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm

farmer it looks like segway makes one that can go 15 miles on a charge
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby farmer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah ive seen the Segway one, and there are a few others I've come across.

Basically I want it to be lightweight, stable, and durable. Ideally batteries are inexpensive to replace as well. It'll pay for itself pretty quickly gas wise.
farmer

Postby blogger status » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:44 am

anybody eat shit on one of these yet

limes got lights here birds dont

i guess these things are stupid/dangerous/fun
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby jack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 am

i finally rode one of these yesterday and i'm pro-bird now. it was fun.
jack

Postby new blood, old hat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 am

transit unions should be involved in the future of this. I'm sure many of the workers doing gig-economy work for bird would appreciate the protection, as long as they retain the flexibility for scheduling

Also I'm going out on a limb but I'm sure a sizeable chunk of ridership is out of towners. Hotels should offer their grounds for hubs or something. Get the hotel workers union involved ;)
new blood, old hat
ok

Postby clouds » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:42 pm

blogger status wrote:anybody eat shit on one of these yet

limes hit our town like 2 weeks ago, saw a dude eat it badly tonight while we were walking the dog. it did some sort of death wobble and down he went.

how is this not a huge liability people are bar hopping and riding them all over. seems dumb i hate these already
clouds

Postby joe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

i downloaded the dang apps and replaced driving two miles with these.
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby clouds » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:51 pm

im really tired of this tech bro gig economy dystopian scam of a country
clouds

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 pm

oh i've seen these around
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby joe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 pm

they know our local governments are easily in their pocket (+ developers, capitalists, and the rest). and then the only opposition they care about is from rich NIMBY assholes so you this gross ass world where only development projects subsidized by uber ever take off and public housing is vetoed by rich homeowners
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:55 pm

i'm gonna get stoned and then rent one and drive around the mall until i get kicked out or crash into a banana republic or something
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby clouds » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:57 pm

“Charging scooters for Bird is like Pokémon Go, but when you get paid for finding Pokémon,” says Nick Abouzeid, a 21-year-old charger in San Francisco. Several nights a week after work, he and his girlfriend go on walks around the city, collecting scooters and bringing them back to his apartment building to charge in the basement.

“It’s really fun to grab a few scooters, charge them, and in the end it pays for a fancy dinner,” Abouzeid says. “It’s like a game and I would do it even if the prices were halved, which they probably will be.”

iiiii just wanna die
put your arms around me bb
clouds

Postby alaska » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 pm

oh man
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 am

these were a mostly theoretical curiosity for me until a month ago when I got a job in Santa Monica, California and now, hoo boy...
Bad Craziness

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 am

the level of brain-death it takes for someone to leave one in the exact middle of a narrow sidewalk or directly in front of a subway turnstile, for these people to have their neck-collars detonate instantly would be a tremendous mercy done upon us all, themselves included

absolutely loving the utter farce of the “take a picture of where you parked the scooter at the end of your ride to prove that you’re not a collosal dipshit” feature
Last edited by Bad Craziness on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Craziness

Postby clouds » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:06 am

i thought living in a hicktown would spare me from garbage like this wtf

several legal, lighted, avid cyclists doing twice the speed of these scooters are hit from behind and killed by car drivers here every year. if these scoots don't have 5 fatalities in a year or get heavily regulated i will be shocked. people are helmetless mobbing around drunk in the middle of the road on these. how is this real.
clouds

Postby Bartatua » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 am

i don't like it
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Barthes Starr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 am

also chiming in to say that i've seen people completely eat shit on these things on several occasions
also that as a "legal, lighted, and avid cyclist," i now get to worry about car traffic as well as oblivious teens on these things weaving in and out of inconsistent and unkempt bike lanes and more often than not going the wrong direction

and joe's right, los angeles is in the pocket of big scooter
Barthes Starr

Postby Barthes Starr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:18 am

can't wait until these things launch in nyc

edit: they're def gonna launch some pilot program during the L shutdown aren't they
Barthes Starr

Postby internethandle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:48 am

these are everywhere here now too but yeah i was in santa monica on sat and it was insane

one night an unmarked white van pulled up near my building as i got out of my car and just dumped like 6 of the razor versions of these Dockless Mobility Options on the sidewalk then hurriedly got in the van again and drove off
internethandle
ok

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 am

I haven't seen any of these in the san gabriel valley of los angeles where i live. Pasadena spent millions on a rent a bicycle program with multiple stations and it didn't even last two years before they ditched it. Monrovia, which is a couple of cities east has lime bikes that you can drop anywhere like these scooters, they make you download an app and buy at least 10 rides though, last i checked
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 am

These are something I goof on but would secretly enjoy riding
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 am

Brouhaha wrote:These are something I goof on but would secretly enjoy riding

they are fun to ride and the whole thing is basically the perfect case study for the tragedy of the commons
Bad Craziness

Postby Barthes Starr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:23 am

also FUCK those electric skateboards holy shit
Barthes Starr

Postby internethandle » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 am

farmer wrote:Hey I wanna buy a battery powered scooter anyone got any reccs?

jack wrote:bird

i keep thinking about this post/response and laughing to myself
internethandle
ok

Postby jca » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 am

I think the companies are doing this in a super volatile lazy and cheap manner and ppl leaving scooters on crosswalks or throwing them in storm drains is dumb (throwing them off bridges and torching them up owns though) but they are a good option for ppl to get home when public transportation leaves them a mile out. I feel like its too late to start adding hubs or that they would be obstructive so who knows what the future holds. They also go fast as shit it’s wild
jca

Postby ZONKER » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:25 am

blogger status wrote:anybody eat shit on one of these yet

I usually ride one of these when it's the weekend and I'd have to wait 30 minutes for a bus to get to and fro work/methadone clinic/home. Right now it costs about the same as a single bus ride, $2, maybe 4 or 5 bucks if I ride the same amount of miles from the clinic to home which is the longest part of my commute. So for me these work because otherwise I'd be blowing my money on a Lyft and being a bigger dick to the planet.

Anyways this is all to say that when I ride these things it's usually early in the morning after I get off work so I'm super tired and cruising hard cuz of the lack of cars on the road. One Sunday morning I decide to cut through a pedestrian shopping/business area cuz there's no one really out there. The city just steam cleaned all the scum and grime off the streets, so of course as soon as I start to think 'hmmm maybe this isn't so safe' I eat shit in front of a bunch of homeless dudes who snicker at me. I dusted myself off and carried on to pick up some fun stuff for the rest of the day.

Bad Craziness wrote:absolutely loving the utter farce of the “take a picture of where you parked the scooter at the end of your ride to prove that you’re not a collosal dipshit” feature

I've never taken a picture for this that wasn't of a wall or my shadow walking away.
Image Image Image Image Image
Shotfrog wrote:These horrible, despicable people make it so far in life, and last night I was eating kraft mac and cheese straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.
ZONKER

Postby Annie May » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:36 am

kit fox wrote:like this guy:
cw - bullying/creeper

ImageToggle Spoiler
In my job i run into these types sometimes. I was waiting on this order at a taco stand and this grubhub guy who was waiting on 6 orders for a while got into an argument with one of the staff (there were two people working there) over how long it was taking and threatened to fight the guy. If you have 6 orders it's gonna take a taco stand a good hour to make them, they have to serve customers and make other orders too. He walked away but it really pissed me off, it sucks when the restaurants take a while but it's almost never their fault. Obviously these guys are shitheads but only getting paid per order/charge/whatever incentivizes this behavior.
Annie May

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....