dazzle ships is my fave omd and one of the greatest pop albums of all time imo
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm

I got junk culture because it was the best bargain on eBay :-(

Should have sprung for dazzle ships
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Poptone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:Poptone are you going to this thing the guy from Jerry’s records is having where a bunch of records are $1?

Oh you're in the area? I didn't know that - gonna have to check out that Rabbit Hole place cos I've never heard of it.

Yep, I am gonna try and get down there on Friday for Jerry's great unloading. Not so much for LPs cos they are most likely the standard dollar bin stuff but I am very curious and hopeful about the 45s he's offering. There's another independent record sale this weekend on Saturday - some dude in Brookline. Lots of new wave, post-punk type stuff. I can pass along the address if yr interested! I think this guy knows what he has and priced accordingly (had an OG Metal Box at the last one set at $60-something) but not exorbitant or anything.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm

If you want another disappointing OMD record you can have my copy of The Pacific Age for free. I haven't quite brought myself to give up Crush yet
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Repo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:57 pm

aububs wrote:dazzle ships is my fave omd and one of the greatest pop albums of all time imo

hell yeah

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:I got junk culture because it was the best bargain on eBay :-(

Should have sprung for dazzle ships

junk culture may not be top 3 omd but it's a perfectly fine album
Repo

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Poptone wrote:
Kwisatz Haderach wrote:Poptone are you going to this thing the guy from Jerry’s records is having where a bunch of records are $1?

Oh you're in the area? I didn't know that - gonna have to check out that Rabbit Hole place cos I've never heard of it.

Yep, I am gonna try and get down there on Friday for Jerry's great unloading. Not so much for LPs cos they are most likely the standard dollar bin stuff but I am very curious and hopeful about the 45s he's offering. There's another independent record sale this weekend on Saturday - some dude in Brookline. Lots of new wave, post-punk type stuff. I can pass along the address if yr interested! I think this guy knows what he has and priced accordingly (had an OG Metal Box at the last one set at $60-something) but not exorbitant or anything.

Sure. Is it at rather ripped records or is it something else?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Poptone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Yeah it's def not a bad album but for me it's the demarcation point where their albums started to be a bit stale beyond the singles. Crush is the headfirst dive into that territory
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 pm

And then Pacific Age they didn't even care about memorable singles

Got a major soft spot for that "sailing the seven seas" jam from Sugar Tax tho
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:
Poptone wrote:

Sure. Is it at rather ripped records or is it something else?

Ah just some dude's house, I'll shoot you a PM
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Rhodes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Dazzle Ships is my favorite album from my birth year.
Rhodes

Postby crackers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Milk wrote:theres a joke in venture brothers with a character being in disbelief that DM (as a whole) are not gay and i have to say when i learned NOBODY in the band was i had that reaction too. i thought how is that even possible? I mean their mid to late 80's aesthetics it's like at the very least martin gore!?

Possibly gayest hetero band ever.

And ok i didn't realise until now Fan club was ALSO published in english.

Apparently the grande bibliotheque has copies of Fan Club in their collection. I have to pick up a book i reserved anyway, so i’ll probably take a look at them on the weekend (I’m a nostalgic dork).
crackers

Previous

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.