Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 am

easy wrote:"this slur's been around for a while, snowflake. get used to it!"

It’s a term that’s literally been used hundreds of times on this forum, often calling a person the term. search.php?keywords=bitch

I used it as a substitute for “complain” and we have a whole fucking page on it
Seriously, this thread is the definition of pathetically hypocritical, insecure virtue signaling.

If you don’t like the term, feel free to reach out to the hundreds of other posters using it as well :)
Contristo

Postby ~> :? :? » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

Even if you hate surly

Even if you think it's a ubiquitous term

Maybe... consider not using it
~> :? :?
ride.

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

just don't use it, man. other people using it isn't justification.
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

just don't use it, man. other people using it isn't justification.
session to session
ratbags

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

Autarch wrote:
Contristo wrote:Ah yes, that one World Series in the past 18 years really has me spoiled

Interesting length of time you chose there. What would happen if you were to extend it by, say, 5 years? Also, how many times has your team made the playoffs in that time period? 13 times. For a white sox fan, 2000 is a particularly memorable year just because we got to the playoffs. For a cubs fan, 2003 is very memorable year just because they got to the NLCS (with a team that only won 88 games, and they still talk about it as if they were the best team and should have won it all that year!). I'm sure mariners fans still talk about that 2001 team. None of these teams won a world series. None of them even made it to the world series.

Ah yes, I must have not gotten the memo that only fans of certain teams are allowed to complain about poor decision making from front office management, who make millions each year.
Contristo

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 am

like, just, try not to use it and then you won't have to defend using it by saying other people use it and and it's pathetically hypocritical
session to session
ratbags

Postby easy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 am

contristo no one misunderstands what you mean when you say that word, it's just that most of us have either asked ourselves why a synonym for "complain" is gendered, or at the very least, stopped using it on the board. it's not hard to remove it from your vocabulary, but it is hard for anyone to take you seriously when you decide to defend yourself for using it.
easy
does it

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:09 am

ratbags wrote:just don't use it, man. other people using it isn't justification.

It’s certainly not, but it’s certainly evidence of the posters itt calling me out purely to virtue signal.

Otherwise, would there not be outrage the 400 other times it has been mentioned on hipinion the past year or so alone?

In other words, ya’ll can fuck off with your suddenly “being offended” at a very prevalent term used here.
Contristo

Postby Autarch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:09 am

Contristo wrote:
Autarch wrote:
Contristo wrote:Ah yes, that one World Series in the past 18 years really has me spoiled

Interesting length of time you chose there. What would happen if you were to extend it by, say, 5 years? Also, how many times has your team made the playoffs in that time period? 13 times. For a white sox fan, 2000 is a particularly memorable year just because we got to the playoffs. For a cubs fan, 2003 is very memorable year just because they got to the NLCS (with a team that only won 88 games, and they still talk about it as if they were the best team and should have won it all that year!). I'm sure mariners fans still talk about that 2001 team. None of these teams won a world series. None of them even made it to the world series.

Ah yes, I must have not gotten the memo that only fans of certain teams are allowed to complain about poor decision making from front office management, who make millions each year.

poor decision making from front office management got the yankees into the playoffs 13 out of the last 18 years.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby john plainman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 am

i think i should check these threads out more often. this is AAA stuff
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 am

Contristo wrote:
ratbags wrote:just don't use it, man. other people using it isn't justification.

It’s certainly not, but it’s certainly evidence of the posters itt calling me out purely to virtue signal.

Otherwise, would there not be outrage the 400 other times it has been mentioned on hipinion the past year or so alone?

In other words, ya’ll can fuck off with your suddenly “being offended” at a very prevalent term used here.

do you have evidence of me using it? cause i am also telling you not to
session to session
ratbags

Postby surly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 am

It me, the virtue signaller in *checks notes* the baseball thread
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am

easy wrote:contristo no one misunderstands what you mean when you say that word, it's just that most of us have either asked ourselves why a synonym for "complain" is gendered, or at the very least, stopped using it on the board. it's not hard to remove it from your vocabulary, but it is hard for anyone to take you seriously when you decide to defend yourself for using it.

There’s really not a desire for me to care about “offending” people that jump down my throat and call me names for critiquing Brian fucking Cashman.

Especially when these same people don’t give a shit when anyone uses it, but me.
Contristo

Postby easy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am

Contristo wrote:If you don’t like the term, feel free to reach out to the hundreds of other posters using it as well :)

like jeffrey tambor, jared leto, and felicity huffman
easy
does it

Postby surly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am

john plainman wrote:i think i should check these threads out more often. this is AAA stuff

This is the major league baseball thread. We dont have a thread about aaa ball
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am

i tell people not to use it when i see it. i don't catch everything, certainly not in a thread i barely read because it's full of shit like you but when i see it i try to do something about it. so just........stop. stop doing it. be the AARON JUDGE of NOT SAYING IT. you got it man. you're the king of new york. god bless your soul.
session to session
ratbags

Postby ~> :? :? » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 am

Contristo wrote:idk why people care about how many wins their team has if the end result is either losing in the wild card game, or winning and facing the Astros or Red Sox in a 5-game series where Severino wouldn’t pitch until game 4 (and the rest of rotation features guys who blow and can’t get thru 5 innings)l

This is a pretty emblematic Yankees fan post

Not every team is a perennial contender. Coming in third is still a pretty big deal for a rays fan. Because it means we may be in second place. Or even win the division. Or get a chance to get stomped by the Phillies. Or who knows.

Basically, coming in third or losing the wild card game is the shit that makes being a fan so rewarding. And it's why fans of Alabama football or the Yankees or the Patriots or red Sox has to be so hollow.
ride.

Postby Autarch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 am

my man is clean as a whistle

Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby john plainman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 am

contristo, you might want to sit down for this, but you're not the first person to get called out here for using offensively gendered slang
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 am

:barney:
ratbags wrote:
Contristo wrote:

do you have evidence of me using it? cause i am also telling you not to

I look forward to you reaching out to the 400+ posters that have used the term on hipinion in the last year then, often in actual anatagonistic terms instead of a mere substitute for “complain”, since it impacts you so greatly.
Contristo

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

okay i will personally pm all of them if that's what it takes for you to stop using it.
session to session
ratbags

Postby easy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

hey dipshit if you can use the search to find every instance if the word you can also actually read those posts for the countless piles on that followed, which all sound unsurprisingly similar to this one
easy
does it

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

or you could just...not use it but like most yankees fans you need the big numbers in order to appreciate anything so let me do you this favour and teach you a lesson in persistence.
session to session
ratbags

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

~> :? :? wrote:
Contristo wrote:idk why people care about how many wins their team has if the end result is either losing in the wild card game, or winning and facing the Astros or Red Sox in a 5-game series where Severino wouldn’t pitch until game 4 (and the rest of rotation features guys who blow and can’t get thru 5 innings)l

This is a pretty emblematic Yankees fan post

Not every team is a perennial contender. Coming in third is still a pretty big deal for a rays fan. Because it means we may be in second place. Or even win the division. Or get a chance to get stomped by the Phillies. Or who knows.

Basically, coming in third or losing the wild card game is the shit that makes being a fan so rewarding. And it's why fans of Alabama football or the Yankees or the Patriots or red Sox has to be so hollow.

So, upon seeing terrible decisions and lack of production, Yankees fans should be expected to sit quietly?

Why would you want to neuter any fan base?

I have never told any members of a fan base how to act or show their frustrations, as you are doing with me. Why would someone care so much?
Contristo

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:15 am

can't believe you require a dick measuring contest to stop making people uncomfortable by using a shitty word but hey look i'm from canada
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:15 am

anyway, i'll start with you
session to session
ratbags

Postby Autarch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 am

easy wrote:hey dipshit if you can use the search to find every instance if the word you can also actually read those posts for the countless piles on that followed, which all sound unsurprisingly similar to this one

similar, yes. but this one has a baseball twist.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby easy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 am

we also told him to stop earlier this season in this very same thread

he's as dense as his LOST notebooks
easy
does it

Postby ~> :? :? » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 am

I don't care what you do as a fan just understand:

1 winning it all is not a realistic goal for most fans.
2 it's worth abandoning the word "bitch" and it's not a concession to your squabbles
ride.

Postby Contristo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 am

Word substitutes directed at no one specifically, though whose alternative meaning has negative gender connotations, are a no go, but insults like “insufferable prat” directed at someone who issued no personal attack prior is a-ok.

I’ll get it right next time hopefully!
Contristo

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.