Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ripersnifle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:32 am

ah, Notable Midwestern Creative Matt Berninger
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby mellowgold » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 am

new chvrches song i guess

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby warmjets » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 am

first album was good

second album was bad and trying too hard

i predict the third album to also be bad
warmjets

Postby Poptone » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:23 am

the blandest synthpop band
Poptone
cat fan

Postby mellowgold » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am

mellowgold wrote:new chvrches song i guess

i like this song now!.... i guess!
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby jewels » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am

I sorta like this band . . . i guess!
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby miss black america » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:18 am

the songs on the forza horizon 3 soundtrack are really good to drive around to
hahaha mad me chuckle that
miss black america

Postby Milk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:39 am

warmjets wrote:first album was good

second album was bad and trying too hard

i predict the third album to also be bad

Yeah the problem for most bands who have such a good first record is it PROBABLY means they've peaked out the gate. Which it seems they have in this case. It's all gonna sound the same from here on out. I warmed up to the second album in time but it's just not the same and i think i said earlier in this thread i was probably not gonna care for the third.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:01 pm

this thread title always makes me lol
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby internethandle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm

have a client at work whose last name is spelled "rosenqvist"
internethandle
ok

Postby jewels » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:25 pm

you can keep doing the same sound over and over, you just have to have great songs.

the first album disparity between the good songs and the mediocre songs is pretty wide.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby grammatron » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 pm

I got into the second album before I heard the first one, so I like #2 a lot more actually. These three singles so far definitely sound samey though. I'll give the new one a fair chance with my fingers crossed that it sinks its teeth in.
grammatron

Postby banquo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:37 pm

posting for the reminder whenever it hits leak thread
banquo

Postby mellowgold » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 am

oh...another new song.....i....guess....s

mellowgold

Postby ripersnifle » Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm

ripersnifle

Postby gucci man » Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 pm

I've been blasting the new singles/tracks. They are perfectly decent. There are some bops but overall nothing amazing. I can see the criticism but I think it is heavy handed. They weren't musical gods before so I think people are grading w/rose colored glasses. I give the singles 3.75/5 gucci man's. :ugeek:
girl i can't remember nothing but my last post.
gucci man

Postby banquo » Thu May 24, 2018 9:34 pm

thanks for the leakthread
banquo

Postby shirts optional » Fri May 25, 2018 1:48 am

kind of odd that the singles are among the worst songs on the album

forever kind of slaps
shirts optional

Postby mellowgold » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

this album is fine.... i guess.

almost every song is just a few tweaks from being GREAT or the kind of big banger i think the band wants to make. but literally every track just falls short of that and im not sure if it's because of the songwriting or production or vocals or what.
mellowgold

Postby Milk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Just listened to new record

listened to first record right after to make sure i hadn't just been stupid for once loving this band so much. Yeah no i had not been. I mean it's a predictable path i guess. But like there isn't anything remotely as strong as like Night sky, Strong hand, Tether or Science-Visions on this. In fact there isn't anything i can really latch onto. Well i'll always have The Bones of What you Believe.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby important dentist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:17 pm

this band always makes me think of the first reply of the first thread about them being some board villain saying "first white people i've liked in a while"
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Previous

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.