crazy game tbh
you're a fucking great guy

Postby darkendofthestreet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Tom Cruise wrote:lol...

"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Man, wtf..

Sometimes you can just tell when they're gonna score a free kick before it goes in

I had Golovin in my fantasy team until the last version but all the talk of Russia being shit made me take him out :cry:
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
the soccer return believer

Postby gallits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 pm

That wall was really badly positioned...
gallits

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 pm

What happened in the second half then?
delgriffith

Postby gallits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

literally nothing then Dzyuba came on and scored a header and was a bit fun. At the end Russia scored a worldy and then a decent FK against a very poorly placed wall and some mediocre goalkeeping
gallits

Postby mites » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Yeah I had to go in to work when they announced stoppage time. Wtf
mites

Postby cartola » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Lol
cartola

Postby gauchebag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Result harsh on the Saudis

Had the potential to be a real feel-good story
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 pm

engerlund bants game already on point

katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I only watched that Flintoff Rasputin video once but now I've got ra-ra-rasputin stuck in my head :x

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 pm

What's the likelihood of match fixing in the world cup? Is this something that's come up historically in Fifa? Asking fora friend, thx in advance.
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby Sports Fan of the Year » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Extremely low since no one wants to lose!
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression
Sports Fan of the Year

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Wouldn't be a surprise. You can bet on all kinds of minor shit like corners per half/15 minute spell, when cards happen, over/unders on corners/cards/fouls/shots.. These kinda things you'd imagine would be easier (and ) to manipulate than getting someone to play like shit and lose at the World Cup.
Really who knows though..

A few weeks ago a Saudi ref who was supposed to be at this WC got banned for life after he tried to fix a game https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44136512

And here's a read about an Asian match fixer at the 2006 World Cup.. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/3260610/Match-fixing-How-2006-World-Cup-fell-prey-to-organised-crime-Football.html

Summary:
- World Cup matches are easier to bet huge amounts on because the markets are so big.
- Teams like Togo, Ghana, Trinidad & Tobago going on strike over payments or barely getting paid anything.
- Says Appiah from Ghana was approached to fix a match but turned them down, said that he took money after winning a 2004 Olympic game.
- Asian fixer says there's a 100% fix for an African team to lose a game at the WC, then.. "The goals were pathetic; the kind that a youth team would be ashamed to give away. I was sure at the time that there was something wrong. I then went to the country and found the man who I had last seen in an Asian fast food restaurant. He was actually pretty easy to find. Why? Because his photo was on the front cover of the national newspaper – for having fixed a match of the national team."

This is supposedly the game in question - 0:35, 3:15, 5:35 for the goals. Ghana gk is just awful for them, and Gyan got sent off for a ridiculous dive at one point.

Postby maritime » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

that first ronaldo goal was the one that broke gerd mullers record i believe. hadn't heard about the fixing claims, nuts.
maritime

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Great post, thanks!
I was curious b/c the 4th and 5th Russia goals looks pretty pathetic today - though by that point I'm sure Saudi had given up (not to mention the fact that they aren't very good to begin with)
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:54 pm

lol this stadium in Yekaterinburg looks so shit. They had to build those temporary stands behind the goals to get it up to 35,000.
It'll host Egypt-Uruguay, France-Peru, Mexico-Sweden, Japan-Senegal.

Seems that this was how it looked before renovation. Idk why they couldn't just build proper stands seeind as they knew the capacity needed. Weird choice.
I guess FC Ural only averages like 8,000 per match so there's no point building permanent stands but that never seemed like a factor in WC stadium building before.

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Guardian thing about the stadiums - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/30/russia-2018-world-cup-the-complete-guide-to-all-the-stadiums-venues

Cosmos Arena in Samara looks the best. FK Krasnodar's stadium is nice but they didn't use it for some reason.

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 pm

incoherent grunting wrote:What's the likelihood of match fixing in the world cup? Is this something that's come up historically in Fifa? Asking fora friend, thx in advance.

In addition to the much sketchier stuff Lucky mentioned, in 1982 there was an incident where West Germany and Austria were facing off in a final group stage game where the other pair in the group had already played and so both teams knew a 1 goal win by West Germany would allow both teams to get through to the knockouts. West Germany scored really early and then by all accounts the rest of the game was just the two teams kind of kicking the ball around and not trying to score. So not really "match fixing" in a grander financial conspiracy sense, but it apparently was pretty obvious that there was some sort of understanding in place between the two teams though nothing came of it cause no one could really prove anything. Of course now they kick off the final matches for a given group at the same time to avoid this kind of stuff.
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby big zorb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

hey, can someone pm me each afternoon to let me know which match i should put in the thread title for those who have to work? i also work 7am-330pm central time which means i miss everything that happens live. i'd like to not have to comb through the thread for this info and spoil things for myself but if that's not possible i will bite the bullet.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Sweden and Denmark still managed it with the biscotto at Euro 2004 though!

Postby R C » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

big zorb wrote:hey, can someone pm me each afternoon to let me know which match i should put in the thread title for those who have to work? i also work 7am-330pm central time which means i miss everything that happens live. i'd like to not have to comb through the thread for this info and spoil things for myself but if that's not possible i will bite the bullet.

Can someone please do this
Poptone wrote:"I was there, Gandalf, when the nickelodeons came crumbling down."
R C

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

But then if someone says woaahhh you gotta watch Brazil v. Morocco, you'll probably get the sense Morocco has upset?
incoherent grunting

Postby mancubz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm

wow who did iran piss off

elaine wrote:sharp knives sharp knives, cut the onion, cut the bell pepper, cut the steak, cut your wrists, cut your genitals, cut your brain out
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 pm

I solemnly swear not to troll lar.
delgriffith

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 pm

how to watch online
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:53 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ just pick a match and there will be a bunch of good/hq stream links

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 pm

big zorb wrote:hey, can someone pm me each afternoon to let me know which match i should put in the thread title for those who have to work? i also work 7am-330pm central time which means i miss everything that happens live. i'd like to not have to comb through the thread for this info and spoil things for myself but if that's not possible i will bite the bullet.

Thanks so much for doing this.
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....