E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilonredon

Postby Bride of Qualls » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 am

girms wrote:welp no music any time soon after all :thinkyface:eyeroll: music industry is trash

she changed an instagram caption to this^ at some point recently. bummer
Bride of Qualls

Postby marble » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:29 am

odilonredon wrote:how does hpn feel about nicole dollanganger

that album she put out a couple of years ago was so good

she's good
marble

Postby Eugenics » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm

marble wrote:
odilonredon wrote:how does hpn feel about nicole dollanganger

that album she put out a couple of years ago was so good

she's good

Funny you mention her. I remixed an acoustic demo she did of this Daniel Johnston tune.

Eugenics

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm

wow i completely forgot about Nicole Dollanganger
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby Bride of Qualls » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:39 pm

eugenics i love your track thx fr posting
Bride of Qualls

Postby Eugenics » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Glad you dig it! I'm glad it came out awesome as well! I knew this morning i wanted to remix something to put out there for today, and luckily that particular song jumped out at me pretty quickly as the perfect remix contender while browsing through a list of love'y dove'y possibilities, since it was mainly vocals and a little bit of pointillist acoustic guitar which i was able to remove. I spent about 4 hours recording and sequencing for it, and I probably spent the most time manually dragging every word to lock into quantization. HA. At any rate, It was fun and came out great and listening to it again right now for the nTH time, I just heard it sounding like Lana Del Rey singing for Chromatics. 8-)
Eugenics

Postby Martin Lawrence Olivier » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Martin Lawrence Olivier

Postby Bad craziness » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Martin Lawrence Olivier wrote:Lol https://instagram.com/p/BfjdlN1h-Xv/

omgggggggggg <3<3<3
Bad craziness

Postby nite69 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 am

Wow thats a lot of my favorite people right there
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby black mamba » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:32 am

https://www.stereogum.com/1984585/grimes-plans-highly-collaborative-final-album-for-her-shit-label/

Grimes does not seem to be getting along with her label. A few weeks ago, after a year or so of periodic updates, she shared the very welcome news that the follow-up to 2015’s masterful Art Angels would be out this year, probably in the fall. Unfortunately, that news was quickly followed by some significantly less welcome news: “welp no music any time soon after all music industry is trash,” she wrote in a since-deleted Instagram caption.

Now she’s returned to social media to offer another update, clarifying that she’s “back in the studio making a million beats” and working on “one final album for my shit label and then my first album on a label of my choosing which im crazy stoked about eeeee. or i might go fully independent, researching options. the second one will be extreme darkness and chaos, the first will be highly collaborative and most glorious light.”
black mamba
ok

Postby black mamba » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:13 am

https://www.stereogum.com/1990964/grimes-has-a-deep-well-of-shit-promises-more-consistent-music-releases-after-fulfilling-label-contract/news/

The closest thing we’ve gotten to new Grimes music lately is the background vocals and “vibes” she contributed to the new Janelle Monae single. This is a cause of distress for Grimes, who spent the month of February watching her plans to release a new album complicated by some unspecified label machinations.

Two weeks after promising a new LP in “spring but realistically, fall,” she returned with a disappointing update: “welp no music any time soon after all.” Ten days after that, she promised one more “highly collaborative” album for her “shit label” 4AD — an insult she later apologized for — which would sound like “most glorious light,” to be followed by another album released either independently or through a different label, which would amount to “extreme darkness and chaos.”

As NME points out, Claire Boucher has shared some new updates on her plans for new music via an Instagram comment to a fan:

tbh i just took a month off… a lot of insane shit went down and i’m re orienting my whole life bahaha but i think now that im screwing my head back on. can finish fast and i have a deep well of shit this time, like sooooo many songs so after my album i’ll be able to consistently release more music

black mamba
ok

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

claire boucher you have done it again
Can't believe I slept on Pete Holmes for so long!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby freshweed » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

Gonna get in on the ground floor of saying Deep Well of Shit pounds
freshweed

Postby ripersnifle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 am

awesome thread title
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby blurst of times » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Lol nice

Kind of an idle thought, but it must be so weird to have your random Instagram comments reported on by the press
blurst of times
ride.

Postby Quixotic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:05 pm

sounds like grimes needs the
Quixotic

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 pm

What the hell happened to 4AD? Really disappointing that she's being held back by weird label drama. Just let her release whatever she wants! This sounds like some horror story shit you would hear about bands going through with major labels back in the day
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:34 pm

WhTs jbrooks doin these days
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby tricksforchips » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:What the hell happened to 4AD? Really disappointing that she's being held back by weird label drama. Just let her release whatever she wants! This sounds like some horror story shit you would hear about bands going through with major labels back in the day

Maybe she wants to bail off the label and they won't let her.
tricksforchips

Postby bongo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 pm

thats almost definitely what happened
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby ripersnifle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Grey Poupon wrote:WhTs jbrooks doin these days
Last edited by ripersnifle on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ripersnifle

Postby bongo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 pm

woof
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby antoine » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:56 pm

ripersnifle wrote:
Grey Poupon wrote:WhTs jbrooks doin these days

He's like Professor X to Totally's Magneto
antoine

Postby internetfriend » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 pm

poor kids
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 pm

he might just....be Totally
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:59 pm

tricksforchips wrote:
Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:What the hell happened to 4AD? Really disappointing that she's being held back by weird label drama. Just let her release whatever she wants! This sounds like some horror story shit you would hear about bands going through with major labels back in the day

Maybe she wants to bail off the label and they won't let her.

would be consistent with her persistent victim complex wrt to contracts she willingly signed
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby bongo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

internetfriend wrote:

he might just....be Totally

this is deeply irritating
bongo
man in hammock

Postby j-ol » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:01 pm

remember this

j-ol

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:02 pm

maybe it's more for the 'general music industry thread' but it's hilarious to me how little her fandom understands how the trade-off of releasing your album with a label works and you don't get to just "take the masters" when you decide you've outgrown a place with whom you made a legally binding commitment
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.